Possible Hd Dates Are Set !!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I hope that they don't come back, only want to see it going up there, that would be interesting, but I have never heard of such a launch (Sat) being televised.

D* usually has a feed of the launch on one of its channels... I think it's usually 583. It's available to all subscribers, IIRC.

didn't they televise the launch of spaceway 2? i'm pretty sure i read about it here....although, i still had cable at the time.

I hope that they don't come back, only want to see it going up there, that would be interesting, but I have never heard of such a launch (Sat) being televised.
They televised the last 2 I saw. as Newshawk said last time the launches were on in the upper 500's channels.

I thought the June 8th Atlantis shuttle was putting up the next DTV satellite.
NASA stopped using the shuttle for launching satellites after the Challenger failure. It's used now only for missions that can't be done anyother way.

NASA stopped using the shuttle for launching satellites after the Challenger failure. It's used now only for missions that can't be done anyother way.

The sats that the shuttle used to launch are low orbit types, around 240 miles. The Directv sats are at 22,300 miles.

Well, I just sign up for 18 months with Dish. So Directv will probably pull it off. I usually make a change to soon on just about everything I change :)

Well, I just sign up for 18 months with Dish. So Directv will probably pull it off. I usually make a change to soon on just about everything I change :)

Dont fret Im sure E* will have similar capacity in no time. Both companies are working as fast as they can to deliver the goods.

Sounds like my luck. I went to E* back when D* didn't carry Showtime-HD. Shortly after doing that D* added Showtime, HDNet and HDNet Movies, then I was waiting for E* to get the HDNet channels. Can't win for loosing.

Launch time: 0116 GMT on July 7 (9:16 p.m. EDT on July 6)
Launch site: Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan

An International Launch Services Proton rocket with a Breeze M upper stage will launch the DirecTV 10 broadcasting spacecraft. The Boeing-built satellite will be used for DirecTV's direct-to-home service, specifically aiding in the expansion of HDTV offerings.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)