Possible new Dish Customer questions.

Videomax

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Hi,
I'm thinking of jumping onto the Dish bandwagon because of it's HD content. The only experience I saw with satellite TV was a when I had VOOM for the last few months of it's existence. I have some questions about Dish and satellite TV in general that I was wondering if people here had the answers to.
I have two TV's I want to hook up. An HD TV and an SD TV. I want to have DVR on the HD TV. Now I've read the 622 has two tuners that can support 2 TV's.
Will I only have to pay one $5.00 receiver fee?
Will I be able to watch separate programming on the 2nd TV while watching and recording something on the HD TV at the same time.

I have an OTA antenea supplied to me by VOOM which is not in use right now.
Can this antenea be hooked up to the 622 and does it operate the same way the OTA antenea operated with VOOM?
Will these channels came in HD where available?
If I also get the local package Dish offers will I get two sets of local channels?

A few months ago, Dish was charging $100 if you wanted to get the VOOM channels.
Is this still the case?
How many dishes will I need?

Finally, and I realize that this answer depends on location, climate, etc. , but how reliable in the picture with Dish? Overall, are there lots of fade outs, pixelization, break up, etc.?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Yes the 622 will output to both an HDTV and an standard def TV at the same time. If you keep it hooked up to a phone line you will not be charged for the second TV.

Yes you hook up the OTA antenna to the antenna input and can DVR OTA programming. You can record 2 satellite programs and one OTA program at the same time.

Getting the dish local channels is reccomended so you will ge the guide data and make it easier to do recordings.

Is the HD tuner in the 622 equivalent in quality to the old VOOM receivers because my OTA signals came in really well on the VOOM receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)