Possible new STB bad out of box?

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
I finally with Wilts help got a new stb to replace my original one that kept locking up all the time.

I think this new one may be even worse!?
the installer swapped out and hooked up new one and tuned to channel 100 and activated box. It is on old software as signal was like 60 or so.
THen even in front of installer it would suddenly lose all signal and say it had no sat signal. The installer would soft boot it and signal would come back for awhile and then disappear again.

Now no signal at all
ANy Ideas? :confused:

Sorry to hear about this, iceshark. What about the OTA? Do you get stable signal there?
When you said the old box was locking up, did you mean a real lock-up (like not responding to your remote, unable to change channels, etc.) or did you mean a signal loss?
Was the previous box having the exact same problems with your satellite reception? If so, I would strongly suspect the dish or the wiring.

Happened again to me also twice this afternoon and still haven't got a pic back. I am going to try again.

Ilya said:
Sorry to hear about this, iceshark. What about the OTA? Do you get stable signal there?
When you said the old box was locking up, did you mean a real lock-up (like not responding to your remote, unable to change channels, etc.) or did you mean a signal loss?
Was the previous box having the exact same problems with your satellite reception? If so, I would strongly suspect the dish or the wiring.

No it was wierd. In fact I even got a call from a lead engineer at Voom to discuss problem. It would almost every day when turning on have only like 4 channels mapped. and all in wrong place. Rest of channels were in guide but when for example you manualy tuned channel 100 it would say you were on channel 100 but it would be showing worldsport. Also where local cbs should be showing it was ABC local channel. THen with unplug and replug it would work after reloading guide for rest of day.

Well after new sofware in new box downloaded in the wee-hours of the night last night reciever is back at 97 SQ and all seems to be well. In fact the HD channels look better then they ever did with old STB.

THanks everyone for the input and help.
Have a great fourth! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)