Possible or nightmare?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schwalls

Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
I was just wondering if it is possible for me to have in my house - the new R15 DVR (the only DVR I currently have active), a HD-DVR (which I plan on purchasing soon), and the old TIVO (which I replaced with the R15)? Would it be possible for me to install all of this myself or would I need D* installation to come out and complete it?

you could do it yourself.go to best buy /circiut city etc buy the recievers and install them. make sure you buy a phase 3 dish, the correct multiswitch and all the coax etc.

you will lose any warranty that was available, and even if you get the insurance, it will not cover any thing you installed. example, you wall fished to save the cost of that, if that line you ran is bad....you will pay for a wall fish when the service call happens. basically if it isnt free at install, it is not free at a service call.

when the new MPEG 4 comes to your area, you will have a tech there to install it.

its not terribly hard. get a 3 lnb sat, a 4x8 powerd multiswitch, and a buttload of cable. run 4 lines from the dish to the multiswitch, then run 2 lines to each reciever. if you have any experiance doing sattilite then this wont be terribly harder than a normal install. just remember the 4x8 needs a 120v power outlet so keep it in mind. if thats not a possibility you can go with a more expencive 6x8 multiswitch. it doesnt need power. other than that its all pretty self explanitory.

As much as I love the HR10-250, I'd not purchase one at this point -- if we find out at CES that the HR20 won't be out until August, maybe -- but I'd hold off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts