Possible Return to Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

W_Tracy_Parnell

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 19, 2005
South of Buffalo NY
Here's my situation:

I am a former Dish customer who now has Adelphia analog cable. I just put in a C band dish to go with my FTA unit. Adelphia is being taken over by Time-Warner-just received a letter today, so the time is approaching if I decide to change.

According to the "Dish Builder" on their site, I can get Dish Family with locals for $24.99 on 2 TVs with a $49 service charge. I don't need HD or DVR just the basic receiver ( we have DVD recorders). With my two dishes I have plenty to watch so this is mostly for the wife, but I figure if I can get 2 TVs for the same price I may as well.

Questions:

1. Can I still get this deal even though I am a returning customer?
2. Do I own the receiver(s)?
3. Are there any hidden fees?

BTW, I think I still have a 301 around somewhere if it would help me at all.

Thanks!

Tracy I'm in the same boat

I know a couple answers

2. no Its a lease
3. the lease fee

If you have a 301, I'd reactivate that. No extra fees :)

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Thanks Iceberg-I was afraid of that! It's real good of them not to mention that in their Dishbuilder! :mad:
looks like CLaude can help

Are you leaving SC?
I might be. Main reason is WWE RAW is leaving TSN for "The Score" as of next Monday. TSN lost the rights because of NFL on Sunday/Monday and WWE was pissed with them pre-empting it all the time. Problem is my basic package is $20 and includes TSN (but I cant add anything). For me to see Raw, I would need to upgrade to Essentials for 33.99 (its going up 9/1 from 30.99) and add sports for 4.99

For $35 I can get AT60

Claude
Whats the catch? What happens if I own my own receiver but want ot add another (all I have is that 5000 but just got a 811)

What kind of contract?
Also can a returning customer get that $10 off AT60 for 10 months?

(W Tracy..sorry to tack onto your thread)

18 month agreement, we install all new equipment. Can be new or existing. Existing depends on when you left Dish and what standing your account was in when you left.

Any equipment you have can be installed after the initial installaton

Claude,

What kind of deal could I get with Dish Family/locals on 1 existing receiver-returning customer in good standing? Also, what kind of setup would they install? I think my locals are on 61.5.

Claude Greiner said:
18 month agreement, we install all new equipment. Can be new or existing. Existing depends on when you left Dish and what standing your account was in when you left.
Can you elaborate on that ?? Can I get a ViP622 for $200 *and* get the $20/mo off for (10) months like listed on Dish's website ??

When I left Dish, my account was paid in full, I returned all of the leased equipment, etc, etc.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Claude,

What kind of deal could I get with Dish Family/locals on 1 existing receiver-returning customer in good standing? Also, what kind of setup would they install? I think my locals are on 61.5.

your locals are all on 110 now (I assume its Buffalo)

Hd channels like the Voom and other mpeg 4 hd channels like Starz hd etc are on 61.5 too. I would keep the 61.5 for when and if you want hd in the future. This satellite is much better for the hd channels then the 129 wobbly satellite.

Claude Greiner said:

Any equipment you have can be installed after the initial installaton
Is it possible for a previous customer to get those new customer deals without the 18 month commitment, if he paid the $50 activation fee? It's worth the $50 not to be tied down.

Are all of the current new customer deals (programming and equipment)available to previous subs if they had years of service, good payment record, and left in good standing?

good question
I am a ex sub that had them for 4 years, paid on time every month, and cancelled properly...

Hell they still owe me 10 bucks for paying ahead

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)