Possible to have +90 signal for all 3 sat's?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

merlin803

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 14, 2005
I seem to lose my HD stations rather easily when it rains, my signals on 110 are 68, 75 & 83. All signals for the other 2 sat's are 90+.

Should I expect to have 90+ signal on all 3 sat's?

Where are you located? What dish do you have? Are there any trees to obstruct the signal? Are your connections all water tight? Channel Master makes a larger dish that will collect more signal than a phase 3 dish this will decrease rain fade.

You need 70+ for adequate reception, anything more will help guard you from any interference (rain, etc). 90+ isn't necessary, and only obtainable in certain areas with normal equipment.

boba said:
Where are you located? What dish do you have? Are there any trees to obstruct the signal? Are your connections all water tight? Channel Master makes a larger dish that will collect more signal than a phase 3 dish this will decrease rain fade.

Located in Michigan and have a 3 LNB dish. I don't really have any signal strength problems except for the HD channels on the 100 sat.

Should I expect to be able to have 90+ signal from all 3 sat's on a sunny/clear day or is it too much to expect to have all three have high signal strength?

Not unexpected, I get 92 or better, on just about all transponders, on all 3 satellites.

Exceptions: (not including those that are not in use which read 0)

101: TP08 (89)
110: NONE UNDER 92
119: TP25 (48) spot beam fringe not intended for my use

I'm in Michigan and after the installer left I had readings of 77, 76 and 80 on the three 110 transponders. Readings were in the 80's and 90's on 101 and 119.
I decided to see what I could do. I knew they could be better because it was my third dish. I ended up with readings of about 85 on all three of the 110 transponders. 101 and 119 are still up in the high 80's, low 90's.
It was suggested I set my tilt as suggested and leave it there, then adjust azimuth and elevation for maximun signal on 101. Then I was told to work with azimuth and elevation for maximum readings on all three.
Your pole must be plumb for proper alignment.

jimisham said:
I'm in Michigan and after the installer left I had readings of 77, 76 and 80 on the three 110 transponders. Readings were in the 80's and 90's on 101 and 119.
I decided to see what I could do. I knew they could be better because it was my third dish. I ended up with readings of about 85 on all three of the 110 transponders. 101 and 119 are still up in the high 80's, low 90's.
It was suggested I set my tilt as suggested and leave it there, then adjust azimuth and elevation for maximun signal on 101. Then I was told to work with azimuth and elevation for maximum readings on all three.
Your pole must be plumb for proper alignment.

Thanks for the info! I'll have to climb up there and see what I can do.

phatnuts said:
I usually get low to mid 90's on 101 ' 95 und up on 110' and usually 98-99 sometimes 100 on 119 depending of xponder in kentucky

I was able to get similar results. Thanks everyone!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)