Possible to hide 942 recordings?

Need

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
I just got my 942 hooked up last week, and it is amazing! I do have one problem. TV2 is connected to my bedroom and TV1 to the HDTV in the living room. The problem is that anything I recorded (even the ones for bedroom viewing if you know what I mean) will show up on the living room DVR recorded list! :p Is there anyway to hide certain recordings? I know you could LOCK certain channels but can you hide or lock recorded programs?

Need said:
I just got my 942 hooked up last week, and it is amazing! I do have one problem. TV2 is connected to my bedroom and TV1 to the HDTV in the living room. The problem is that anything I recorded (even the ones for bedroom viewing if you know what I mean) will show up on the living room DVR recorded list! :p Is there anyway to hide certain recordings? I know you could LOCK certain channels but can you hide or lock recorded programs?

Now let me get this straight. You are watching movies in the bedroom that you wouldn't want anyone to know you recorded. Is that correct? Now don't you think maybe that might be a SIN? And maybe that show you recorded might have been produced by SATAN????

snl2.jpg

If you lock adult channels, as opposed to locking PPV, does that lock adult DVR events too? You should try it.

Can't you also set password protected ratings locks? That will lock out non-adult programming with certain types of content, as well. But, again, I don't know if that locks out DVR playback.

Gary, the DVR events are treated just like the Live satellite feed, if the 942 is locked against PG-13 (or whatever) and beyond, the recordings are, too. Maybe Need doesn't like "Hot Ta-tas VII" showing up as a title in the event list? ("Dad? What's a Ta-ta?" "Er, ah, um...")

Heh. Well, there is no kid in the house. And I am too worry about PPV or adult channels. It is just that we don't feel too comfortable if our friends or relatives came over to checkout the dish setup and while scrolling thru the DVR event list to look for something to play, "Real Sex" or something similar shows up on the list. :p Anyway, thanks for your help. :)

Hehehe, its funny how anal we are here in America. Nudity is considered a bad thing.
Yet in Canada just a few miles away nudity is common and is even shown often on standard broadcast TV.

People seem to forget that we were all born naked, people also seem to forget that their parents HAD SEX to make them, sex is a part of life, and much like sh*t, sex happens. :D

Ahh America, home of the free. (Yeah right... every day it seems the government is trying to tell me what I can and can not do in my own house, and now my governement even tells me that my land I own really isn't mind if they want to build something like a mall there.)

Sorry for the rant. :) I am going to the pub area to watch the SatelliteGuys Girls video again. :D

Thank God for Extassy.

By the way your dvr list will show up as locked adult event :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)