Possibly converting from the pizza dish.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I installed a Umbrella cover at the insistence of a customer a few years ago the biggest size it came was for an 8 foot dish. He even got the optional table and set 2 chairs next to it to make it SOMEWHAT RESEMBLE an umbrella. The cost REALLY added up when I had to add a H to H actuator to the bill since cover wouldn't hide a standard actuator arm. After a few years and a few storms the cover was starting to show some serious wear and tear. The weird thing was the subdivision DID NOT have a HOAR to force this guy to do it. He felt he just wanted to hide his dish. About 4 years later he had me to remove the cover AND the dish as he was going to move. As far as I know he GAVE the whole thing away.
I installed another 8 foot dish in a subdivision that same year with a HOAR. we went up over 40 foot in the air with a Custom Engineered mount from the ground up attaching it to a brick 2 story home, right after he finished the home. When he was confronted by the HOAR he told them that he REFUSED to REMOVE it and if they wanted it down THEY would need to trespass on HIS PROPERTY to remove it because he wasn't going to. He also put up a sign that said, TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT ON SITE! He also sent them a letter saying if any more questions came up about the dish they could contact his attorney. The HOAR NEVER said another word about it and the BUD is still standing today because I won't take it down FOR FREE for him. That has been about 8 years ago!!!!!!

Bryan SR

Interesting and Radical

bryansr said:
I installed a Umbrella cover at the insistence of a customer a few years ago the biggest size it came was for an 8 foot dish. He even got the optional table and set 2 chairs next to it to make it SOMEWHAT RESEMBLE an umbrella. The cost REALLY added up when I had to add a H to H actuator to the bill since cover wouldn't hide a standard actuator arm. After a few years and a few storms the cover was starting to show some serious wear and tear. The weird thing was the subdivision DID NOT have a HOAR to force this guy to do it. He felt he just wanted to hide his dish. About 4 years later he had me to remove the cover AND the dish as he was going to move. As far as I know he GAVE the whole thing away.
I installed another 8 foot dish in a subdivision that same year with a HOAR. we went up over 40 foot in the air with a Custom Engineered mount from the ground up attaching it to a brick 2 story home, right after he finished the home. When he was confronted by the HOAR he told them that he REFUSED to REMOVE it and if they wanted it down THEY would need to trespass on HIS PROPERTY to remove it because he wasn't going to. He also put up a sign that said, TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT ON SITE! He also sent them a letter saying if any more questions came up about the dish they could contact his attorney. The HOAR NEVER said another word about it and the BUD is still standing today because I won't take it down FOR FREE for him. That has been about 8 years ago!!!!!!
Bryan SR

"Shot on Site"

wow and I thought I was radical about my dish! Interesting story! Can you imagine what an uninformed person might think if they saw a BUD suddenly swing around and "take aim" at their house?
I still like that one!
Jeff

Well, I just got back from the HOA meeting today. Here's how it went. I arrived there and filled out one of their architectural modification forms and submitted it to the architectural committe. I submitted the form, they reviewed it, and they asked me what the size of the dish was. Welllllllll:D, I told them an eight foot diameter black mesh dish. The guy said to me that dishes under 1m in diameter were not permitted anywhere on the property (obviously they knew their rights). I then told them about disguises such as umbrellas and a fiberglass shed. He told me that they did not allow fences or sheds on the property, and that all umbrellas were to be kept only on front and back patios. He told me that dish would be an eyesore for too many neighbors. I am so furius:mad: I'm really getting desperate for better picture quaility. Verizon has plans to offer fios in my area by next december so hopefully I can bear through one more year of poor pq. Anyhow, I might move in a couple of years , and this time in a NON DEED RESTRICTED area :mad:. Thank you for all your help.

Bummer!

kdarcangelis870 said:
Well, I just got back from the HOA meeting today. Here's how it went. I arrived there and filled out one of their architectural modification forms and submitted it to the architectural committe. I submitted the form, they reviewed it, and they asked me what the size of the dish was. Welllllllll:D, I told them an eight foot diameter black mesh dish. The guy said to me that dishes under 1m in diameter were not permitted anywhere on the property (obviously they knew their rights). I then told them about disguises such as umbrellas and a fiberglass shed. He told me that they did not allow fences or sheds on the property, and that all umbrellas were to be kept only on front and back patios. He told me that dish would be an eyesore for too many neighbors. I am so furius:mad: I'm really getting desperate for better picture quaility. Verizon has plans to offer fios in my area by next december so hopefully I can bear through one more year of poor pq. Anyhow, I might move in a couple of years , and this time in a NON DEED RESTRICTED area :mad:. Thank you for all your help.

Sorry to say...those are the type of places to stay away from...ok on the BUD dish, but where you are not allowed to have a patio table on your own property wherever you want it? No THANKS.

I guess it is time to do FTA with a 31" dish...Under 1 meter but do get a motor (besides getting you more FTA....the shock value of it moving!) I do not remember what the Congressional act allowed for size wise, but you can still do it....

jeff

Last edited:
kdarcangelis870 said:

I say put the thing up anyway, forget about motorizing it and point it directly at the board member's house that lives behind you. Then paint it to look like a big bloodshot eyeball. Of course you won't get any programming from it, but I think the satisfaction you'd get would be the same. :)

When I moved last time I chose to live in the OTHER AMERICA, where I can have FREEDOM to do what I want to do, within reason, on MY PROPERTY. I am totally disgusted with these people that want to tell you what you can and can't do on your OWN PROPERTY. You couldn't PAY ME to live in one of the NEW SUBDIVISIONS that are like living in a communist state.

bryansr said:
When I moved last time I chose to live in the OTHER AMERICA, where I can have FREEDOM to do what I want to do, within reason, on MY PROPERTY. I am totally disgusted with these people that want to tell you what you can and can't do on your OWN PROPERTY. You couldn't PAY ME to live in one of the NEW SUBDIVISIONS that are like living in a communist state.
This reminds me of a co-worker who moved to the outskirts of town. It's a custom huse on a acre lot. He calls it 'free America' after moving from a harrasing HOA.

No HOA was right up there on my list of 'musts' when I bought my place. I'm happy to have found what I was looking for.

Shawn

No fences? I can't have my shed? Jeez.. I'd go nuts trying to figure out what I can't have in my yard. I'd take the extra money you spent on the house, buy 2 acres out in the country, build a 2500+ sq ft house and put up 20 15ft'ers, my yard would look like the cable headend!

So how many 1 meter dishes are you going to put up on your house? 10?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)