Possibly looking into a new fta reciever - any ideas?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
The Hurricanes keep knocking my FTA dish out of what so I have to keep going up and re-aligning it. It has also really loosened up my facia but I should probably have it on a pole mount cemented in the ground anyway.

I have a Pansat 2500 now which actually works fine but maybe I will move that to my master bedroom and try a new reciever on my main setup. Looking for faster scans, a more user friendly GUI and what ever else the new bells and whistles are. What would you all recommend and why?

Normally I would say the Coolsat. A very fast blind scan with the new firmware and a nice and fast interface. Problem is, the price has gone up. You might want to check out the new Fortec Lifetime Classic when the reviews come out.

There is a new Coolsat 5000 expected to release next month designed to replace the 4K Pro. Id imagine we should see some nice blow out sales on remaining inventory.

There is a picture floating around on the Net that I can post if youd like? Looks like it might have DVD capabilities. But other than that the manufacturer hasnt said much other than its coming next month. Id imagine they'd probably beef up the processor and ram at the least.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Any specs or general info on this unit?

Directly off Coolsat's website -

The new Coolsat 5000 Platinum is expected to be released end of October. More details coming soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)