post reciever TV2 diplexer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cc909

Original poster
Sep 29, 2010
KY
Guys, I need some serious help here, we recently got 1000plus installed with an HD Duo VIP222K reciever. Some how the picture quality for HD and non HD channels was not too impressive and there fore, I elected to opt for only the international package with Dish and added cable for the rest of the programming.

We have a cable hub inside the house where the coax from outside terminates and then there are a bunch of splitters that split the signal to all outlets. I have a set of parallel coax cables coming from outside the house (one from dish and one from cable) terminating into the Hub. The dish installer has it set up in a way where the signals from TV1 back feeds into the main splitter and frm there it goes to the rest of the outlets.

My question is that is there a way that I can add a diplexer and feed the cable input into the same post TV1 reciever back feed that terminates into the main splitter supplying the rest of the TV2s.

The objective again is to be able to have both Cable and Dish on atleast all of TV2s. I hope there is a smarter way to do this other than having another set of wires being threaded thru the walls. Thanks

You offer many superfluous and confusing details.

I'm guessing that what you meant to say somewhere in your four paragraphs was this:

"How can I diplex a cable feed in with my DISH Network feed?"

If your cable service has a lot of analog channels, you'll probably be screwed. Most cable systems are now operating quite a bit in the upper frequencies and those may be lopped off by a diplexer.

If your installation uses backfeeding to feed TV2, you're screwed as it is already diplexed. You would need to use a notch filter to make a hole for the RF feeds but even at that, two-way diplexing is not recommended.

Your best bet is to double up on the cabling.

Next best is to pick just one provider.

Surprised your cable HD is bettter than your Dish HD. I think something must be wrong with the 222 or the setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)