Post your 622 Reviews Here!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well so far my upgrade has gone much better than expected.

Placed an order for the unit on February 10th. Early in the morning. $299.99 charge and set a date for March 10th Installation.

On February sent a message to ceo@dishnetwork.com to get a tracking number as none of the CSR's could not give me one. I received a reply almost 15 minutes later, the email I received had my tracking information in it and an expected delivery date. I tracked the package it was due to be delivered on March 3rd.

On March 3rd i was home waiting for the unit. Around 3pm i got a call from a dish network installer asking if they could come today to install my 622 I said sure but the box is not here yet, it should be here in the hour. She said ok. The installer came and the work order did not have a Dish 1000 on it but he happen to have an extra one. He put it up and said hey is your box here I said no but I can activate it just make sure the dish is aligned. So he did everything and told me that I would need a DPP 44 switch that he did not have but he could get me one on Monday . So I said cool, after he left the door rang and the installer brought me my bundle of joy. I raced to get it unpacked and activated.

Once the unit got activated i started to notice how great the picture quality is even on SD channels. I have only had to reboot the unit twice. Once when i first started using it, it just froze up. Second i was playing with Dish Home and selected one of the channels and it just froze up. Other than those 2 times i love this thing, the locals in true mpeg 4 for Chicago like really good, they just have some minor pixelingn here and there.

My install went great and so far all si well with one exception. I often record songs when I'm watching the Music channels(sirius etc) and the playback sound goes for around 5 seconds and then stops, the song keeps going though, jusst no sound. If I push pause/ff/rw it will start up again when I push play, but only for 5 seconds. Is this a planned item to prevent us from recording music and listening later or just a fluke. My other recording have gone on without a hitch and sound is great. I have recorded this on both TV1 and TV2 and have the error on both.
Patrick

Last edited:
astrosfan said:
My install went great and so far all si well with one exception. I often record songs when I'm watching the Music channels(sirius etc) and the playback sound goes for around 5 seconds and then stops, the song keeps going though, jusst no sound. If I push pause/ff/rw it will start up again when I push play, but only for 5 seconds. Is this a planned item to prevent us from recording music and listening later or just a fluke.

I have the same issue...It worked fine on my 721 but does not seem to on 622. Also if you pause music or try to rewind to previous song same thing happens...

Bill

Just got and installed my 622....wow, way different from the 921! Not enough time yet to eval, but at least cosmetically the menu system is very clean, and the HD picture does look more crisp IMO (havent tried HDMI yet..just component).

:) so far..

This is my first post - been reading the forums for a long time but never posted until now.

I am finally considering on upgrading to HD since Dish now has the Denver locals on HD feed. If I upgrade I would want to go to the DVR 622. I currently have a legacy system (two Model 3000's) with one coax from my two dish antennae run to the basement for one receiver and one coax to a converted closet on the main floor where I have all my A/V equipement for my surround sound system. Questions I have are:

1. I know this is a two tuner receiver but will I need to run two coaxes to the receiver if I'm only going to run the one HD TV off of it? Or do I need two coaxes if I want to record one program while watching another?
2. I assume the new system needs dishpro switches etc. - true?
3. Will the upgrade include the dish 1000 antenna and is that included or will I have to pay separately for that? I curently have dish 500 plus second antenna for the rest of the Denver locals on sat 148.
4. I will probably keep one of the legacy receivers for my TVs in the basement and garage. I assume I'll need the legacy adaptor - will the upgrade provide that as well?
5. My old receiver had the UHF remote but they did not have IR as well. Do the remotes with the new 622 send both UHF and IR signals?

Thanks in adance for your answers.

I've had Dish for some time now... First a Dish 6000, then a Dish 811, and now bit the bullet for a DVR and got the 622.

Install went very well to replace my current 811 (which was a 2 dish installation with a Dish 500 and one at 61.5.) Tech came out, had never seen a 622 before, but didn't really matter. He replaced my LNB with a DishPro+, and it took about 30mins to activate and download new info.

Never had a DVR before, so my experience has been pretty good as it's an exciting new toy. Picture quality seems about the same or better than my 811 was, and the new UI is MUCH better. The more detailed guide is great, as well as the preview of the current channel even while setting preferences is a nice touch. I hooked up my digital camera, and was able to browse photos, though was a bit slow at times. The second TV looks fine even over coax, and the ability to have full dvr controls, as well as downres the HD channels is a great plus.

The bad stuff... Well I understand it's just been released, and had other growing pains with my 811 when it had just been released so not surprised. I've had the audio sync issues on both the primary and second TV. I've also had recording issues if I am watching a local in HD and recording another local in HD where it locked up the receiver. I've had to hard reset it a couple times now due to lockups mainly around pausing live TV, then replaying. I've lost video a couple times, and audio completely once.

Other than the growing pains associated with the new receiver, I really like it, definitely an improvement over what I had before. I chatted with tech support the other night, and she hinted at Internet access thru the network port, but didn't elaborate other than that.

-Mike

Squid said:
This is my first post - been reading the forums for a long time but never posted until now.

I am finally considering on upgrading to HD since Dish now has the Denver locals on HD feed. If I upgrade I would want to go to the DVR 622. I currently have a legacy system (two Model 3000's) with one coax from my two dish antennae run to the basement for one receiver and one coax to a converted closet on the main floor where I have all my A/V equipement for my surround sound system. Questions I have are:

1. I know this is a two tuner receiver but will I need to run two coaxes to the receiver if I'm only going to run the one HD TV off of it? Or do I need two coaxes if I want to record one program while watching another?
you need two.
Squid said:
2. I assume the new system needs dishpro switches etc. - true?
not necessesarily but better to use dishpro
Squid said:
3. Will the upgrade include the dish 1000 antenna and is that included or will I have to pay separately for that? I curently have dish 500 plus second antenna for the rest of the Denver locals on sat 148.
if needed they will install the Dish 1000
Squid said:
4. I will probably keep one of the legacy receivers for my TVs in the basement and garage. I assume I'll need the legacy adaptor - will the upgrade provide that as well?
don't know on that one, they should...
Squid said:
5. My old receiver had the UHF remote but they did not have IR as well. Do the remotes with the new 622 send both UHF and IR signals?

Thanks in adance for your answers.
you get 2 remotes one is a UHF the other is IR, the UHF is for tv2 output so you can run it from a remote location.

Got my 622 home about 12:30 yesterday afternoon, I ignored it for awhile as I also got a Dish 1000 and had to put it together and Install ... unboxed the 622 about 1:30 but I used my 921 to check the 129 setup...after installing it with a 2700. Put the 622 inline and after all of the downloads it was frozen on a screen and I couldn't get it off. I called E* and went to advanced HD tech support where I realized I had the wrong remote :D and was able to get off of the screen. I had the Tech disconnect my 501 and 2700 then add the 622. I almost immediatly had programing and was about to hang up when I realized and pointed out that I needed to go to the new HD package to get my locals. He started that process and put me on hold for a minute, then came back and asked how many satellites I had. ( I had 61.5, 110, 119 and 148 via a Dpp44 switch) He said the system would only allow 4 satellites so with about 30 seconds to choose I went with 148 and CBSHD west along the better PQ of HBO and SHO on it...(second thoughts on that choice now as I liked my CBSHD east even if it was downrezzed) everything went fine until about 8:30 pm when a phone nag screen came up locking the 622 from use ( i did not hook up a phone line to it) This morning It is stuck on aquiring signal screen on 129 transponder 27 so I am going to have to try to get a better signal on 129 to use... I did record part of 24 from my "local" Fox and the PQ totally blows away my D*HDFox west version..And I recorded part of a DiscoveryHD Shuttle show that has amazing PQ...

dfergie, thanks for the response to my post. After posting it I did a little research - it seems the dish pro plus separator can be used to provide the input to the two tuners with only one coax coming down from the antenna - is that true or did I misunderstand.

Squid said:
dfergie, thanks for the response to my post. After posting it I did a little research - it seems the dish pro plus separator can be used to provide the input to the two tuners with only one coax coming down from the antenna - is that true or did I misunderstand.

I have a DishPro Plus with an SW21 with a 2nd dish at 61.5(not sure the LNB, I think he said just DishPro) coming in on one cable to the 622, then split with the included splitter. Without the Dish Pro Plus I couldn't do that and the 2nd input only saw 119.

-Mike

How does a SW21 work with a DishPro Plus?

It should not work.

The DishPro Plus should only support Legacy receivers not legacy LNB's or switches.

Scott Greczkowski said:

It should not work.

The DishPro Plus should only support Legacy receivers not legacy LNB's or switches.

LOL, I have no idea, I asked him that same question because I had assumed he had replaced it. Said it was still there and only needed to replace the legacy LNB (which he showed me) with a the DishPro+ and that the DishPro plus has an internal switch to it as well... I'll have to take a second look today when I get home, his English was very bad so I may have misinterpreted. I didn't really argue or second guess after I saw everything working correctly under check switch.

-Mike

Scott Greczkowski said:

It should not work.

Sure enough I just looked and the SW21 is gone, and the dish at 61.5 goes into the DishPro+ dish, then comes back down. Guess we had a communication issue. :)

-Mike

My 622 arrived today...it took 5 minutes to set it in place, 20 minutes to download software and guide, and another 5 minutes to have the receiver activated. Viola! Everything is working as advertised so far. No audio symc issue or HDMI issue. Even the HD LIL via satellite looks pretty good, but I must admit the 622 is connected to a 30" bedroom set at present. Also, I haven't scanned for OTA...yet.

Update: the digitals scanned lick-o-de-split. I didn't notice any 8VSB improvments over the 811 or 942 since my reception is rock solid. Ok, the HD LIL needs some work...noticed jagged edges during the evening news (HD) and the encodes seem to studder and the audio lags behind a few milliseconds. I don't need HD LIL, just the darn guide data at $5 per month.

Last edited:
dfergie said:
Folks when you activate your 622 if it is not hooked to a phoneline, be sure and tell them... they will add the extra fee but your receiver will not lock down on you later...

I have never had any of my receivers on the phone line. I dont use PPV. What extra fee? What shut down?

with the dual-tv dual-tuners there is a $5.00 fee if they are NOT connected to a phone line. Apparently they can disable the receiver if they detect this condition and you aren't paying the nuisance fee.

I've had my 622 fo 5 days now. I have mine set up with an HDMI connection and ton's of timers. I am extremely happy with it so far.

The SD quality on the 622 is way better than it was on my 942. It is a much sharper picture.

The only issue I've had is that I recorded Flavor of Love and all I received was a black picture. When I try to play it it locks up the receiver and I can get out of it by hitting cancel.

Other than that, I love it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts