Post your Updates for 622 Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

theodore_miller

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
I will start out by saying I placed my call on Feb 1 and had a install date of the second weekend in Feb. That came and went. Got a call from Dish HDQ saying its on backorder. They set another date of the 26th ( yesterday). After that call they sent me the boxes to send two of my units back in excahnge fore the 622. <- the Boxes for the RMA were here in like two days. OH YEA Before I hung up with the CSR, I asked 4 times " will the 622 be shipped to me or the installer?" She replied 4 times ," it will be shipped to the installer." So Saturday the 25th comes around and I get a voice mail from Dish stating that I have a confirmed appointment for the 26th between 12 and 5. So to me, that means the unit is in hand and I will be watching HD tonight Woo hoo.

OK the installer shows up at the front door with nothing in hand and asks if I could give him the 622 to get started.....effen Dish. Well the installer was cool as hell so I was not about to unload on him. He called Dish on speaker phone and asked where the unit is. They said the unit was shipped to me. I said, "umm dont think so." She put us on hold for 10 minutes and came back and said the unit is on backorder. So she said the unit should ship this week and the installer told me to call him when I get it and he will install the same day. Well I hope to get this before April. Im sure It will NOT ship this week.

Is this sounding like the norm out there?

Interesting

That's interesting - you'd think DISH would be following a FIFO approach (First in-first out) with the 622's.

I ordered 2/3, for a 3/4 install - and got my 622 last Thursday (2/23). Now i'm just waiting 5 more days for my install.

Whereas you ordered 2/1 - for a 2/26 install - and still don't have it.

I ordered 2/1, got a 2/22 install date.

CSR screwed up the work order, never had the 622 added to the order, just an install date. Nice.

Box just showed up at my office here an hour ago. I get to go toe to toe with a CSR tonight when I try and activate it after swapping out my 921. No wiring needed just a box swap....... If you are trying to do the same, make sure you have the CSR cancel the installer before you try and activate it or it won't go through......

If you ordered on 2/1 and still haven't gotten it yet, call them up to review the work order, something may be wrong with the work order.....

I ordered mine Feb 10th with an install date of Mar. 2nd .

I received mine last Tues via UPS . AS late as last Monday they had no tracking information to give even though they did say it was being shipped to me .

I'm beginning to think that a ton of people who thought they were ordering 622's were talking to some misinformed csr who didn't put the information in correctly and Dish has been spending the last few weeks catching these mistakes and correcting the orders.

I called on 2/1 and had the install date set as 2/15.....only to have them make the call to move it back to 2/28. The installer actually called me to see if I had received the 622 on the 2/14....which I did not. He said that when it comes to give him a call and he would come install it. Soooooo.....I called and spoke with a CSR about when I can expect it to ship...he said it won't and the installer would bring it???? On 2/21 UPS delivers 622 to my doorstep! Haven't been able to get ahold of the installer since though....so tomorrows the 28th and I am keeping my fingers crossed that someone shows up to install it!

Smooth install

I received my 622 on Friday, 2/17. I installed it myself and got it authorized without a change of my 2/25 install date. I have a Dish 500 for 110/119 and a Dish 300 for 129 and I'm getting good signals from all three.

The 622 has been working fine except that the TV2 remote doesn't reach the receiver from the back bedroom.

On Saturday, 2/25, I got a call from the installer at 8:30 am. The truck assigned to my order called in sick. He had no other openings that day, but could send someone the next day, Sunday, at 8 am. I said OK.

Sunday morning the installer showed up right on time. He said he knew antennas but I'd have to be patient because this was his first ViP-622 install. He checked out my work and asked about the RF output cable, wanting to know what I had it connected to. I told him I had it going to a splitter then feeding two TVs in the back. He wanted to see them. He was amazed that I was able to get two channels from the receiver on both TVs. (Is this some new feature unique to the 622?) He was also impressed with the wide screen EPG showing three hours of programming.

He said everything looked good and he recommended staying with the two dishes instead of a new Dish 1000. He said that reports from others showed lower signal strengths from the 1000 than from a 500/300 combo. He said he would check all the connections and make sure everything was okay on the roof. I said OK. He installed two new connectors and a new switch. Everything else remained as it was. It now shows my devices as "DPP-Twin (Twin 1 Twin 2 Twin 3)" on the System Info screen.

To fix the TV2 remote problem, he did something rather unique. He put a splitter on both ends of the RF cable that feeds the two TVs in the back. At the receiver he connected on side of the splitter to the RF out and the other to the remote antenna connector. At the other end, at one of the TVs, he plugged one output of the splitter to the TV and connected the remote antenna to the other. The remote now works perfectly in the back room! He's using the RF cable as a two way device - RF from the 622 to the TVs and the remote signal back to the receiver. I would have never thought of that!

Everything is working great! I also have to say that I'm very happy with my 622. It's a winner!

Larry
SF

The good news is the unit appears to be worth waiting for. I have had it for almost a week now and I am impressed. It's not perfect. I have noticed some sound issues here and there. But the thing is really well put together overall. Its OTA reception is far better than the 811.

BTW, ordered on 2/1, install date of 2/22. Unit arrived 2/15 and install went on as scheduled. GL to everyone here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts