Postcard about d10-200 and d10-300

Status
Please reply by conversation.

urnote96

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 24, 2004
Got a postcard in the mail about the d10-200 and 300 getting the software that the 100 has....

sorry if this has already been talked about...

I also got the postcard yesterday. I know the D-100's got the update back a couple of months and it was mentioned on here at the time that the 200's and 300's would be getting it down the road a bit. I don't see anything in the update that's looks real helpfull but what the heck it may prove helpfull! I like the guide "Channel Categories" as I have it on my H-10 box so having it on my 2 D-300's would make it the same on all 3 stb's. Post up when you get the update and I will also. :)

The update for the 200(and probably the 300) apparently has been out, but my guess is the auto-update on the 2001 software on the 200(maybe 300 too) is broken or non-existent, so you must force an upgrade (I just learned this, source link posted below).

Open the access card door, press the button in there, it will reset, get the remote in hand, and while it says "Hello, your DirecTV receiver is starting up." press 02468 om the remote, you may have to reset/reenter the numbers a couple times, when it succeeds it will say something like "New software found, downloading.." and the usual percentage bar below, this works on the D10-200, I think it will work for the other D10s as well. It made my D10-200 interface exactly like the D10-100s, I can't speak for the 300, but I'd wager it's the same.

Source:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=87219

The post card says they will be downloading the " new interactive features" and we will know it's been done during the night when the on screen menu looks a little different. Sounds to me like the update to the D-100's a few months ago.

I have been having the lock up and system reset problems others here are describing and I too called Direct Tv. They suggested the 02468 forced software upgrade but I couldn't get it to work on any of our three d10-200 receivers. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I'm used to hitting "enter" on the remote after punching in numbers and this is what I was doing with the 02468 trick. Simply don't hit "enter". While it's at the hello screen just punch in 02468 and do nothing else but wait. If you do that you will get a download screen in a couple minutes. Hope this helps some other frustrated person out there. ;^)

All my receivers have been doing this since I had the system installed in july 05. It didn't really bother me too much as it was a minor inconvienience to have to reset the sytem a couple times a week. Then came fall and the fall tv lineup. Needless to say that a frozen system doesn't let your DVD recorder record Lost or Surface or anything at all. That's a bit annoying to say the very least. You come home expecting to see your favorite show and you are greeted with a comatosed receiver and a few hours of snow on the DVD.

I pray that the upgrade fixed this annoying problem. I'll check back here in a week or so and let you all know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts