potential new customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smjbh5

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2007
SF Bay Area
Hi there, currently a E* customer, not satisfied with my service. I have constant breakups on my HD channels. I'm thinking about switching to D*.

Anyway, I was looking on the D* site and got confussed. I thought that I read that there was $100 rebate on the HD DVR ($99 after rebate), and that a non HD DVR was free after rebate ($99 - $99). However when I added both to my cart, there was only 1 $100 rebate. The cart showed that I need to pay $199 for the 2 receivers. Is that right? Would I own these then? No monthly lease?

How's the PQ compared to E*? Do they` have a 2 tv reveicer (1 DVR shared between 2 tvs)

Thanks

Hi there, currently a E* customer, not satisfied with my service. I have constant breakups on my HD channels. I'm thinking about switching to D*.

Anyway, I was looking on the D* site and got confussed. I thought that I read that there was $100 rebate on the HD DVR ($99 after rebate), and that a non HD DVR was free after rebate ($99 - $99). However when I added both to my cart, there was only 1 $100 rebate. The cart showed that I need to pay $199 for the 2 receivers. Is that right? Would I own these then? No monthly lease?

How's the PQ compared to E*? Do they` have a 2 tv reveicer (1 DVR shared between 2 tvs)

Thanks

The cost sounds right...generally, you're only allowed one free rebate like that per account. No you wouldn't own them, as they are all leased receivers now (unless you want to spend about $700 for the HDDVR to own it.) You will see a $4.99 lease fee for each receiver after the first one on your account, or a $4.99 mirroring fee for each owned receiver after the first receiver. Either way, the monthly fees are the same.

PQ is very subjective, but having had both and worked as an installer I think Direct's PQ is better than Dish. No, they don't have a 2TV receiver like Dish, but all outputs on the DirecTV DVR's are active which means you can run more than one TV in HD from one receiver. The catch is that all the TV's will be watching the same thing.

I had the same problem as you did. Former E* customer constant pixelation on HD channels. Techs out three times and couldn't find the problem. I switched to D*. Just to note. If you do sign up for D* get someone to refer you (like me) that way, you and I get 50.00 off (10.00/mo for 5 mos) of your bill, also sign up for auto pay and you get a 20 dollar credit. The pic quality to me on HD channels is the same, I don't notice a difference. I do notice the SD channels on D* are a wee bit better.

Another thing you might want to know. If you get 2 HD DVRs, you'll need 2 cables running into the DVR's for the dual tuner in each dvr to work. E* doesn't require this. I found out the hard way. There is this new technology called SWM that in some parts of the country are being installed that allows the dual tuner to work without having another cable ran. That's what I have and it works great! Also, if you do sign up, get someone to refer you. That way you each ( you and the person who referred you) get 50.00 off (10.00/mo for 5 months) off your bill. Also if you sign up for auto pay they will give you 20.00 off your bill. I got a recent promotion and with the referral, signing up for auto pay and the promotion my monthly bill is in the 40's for 5 months and the 50's for the next 6 months with a package similar to America's top 180 on E* No pixelation on HD channels. Love it.

Check out the AAA Member Discount. I am anticipating switching myself and the AAA discount gives you an additional hd receiver for free, when you sign up for the NFL ST Package deal, plus $10 off a month for 24 months. You can also use the referral discount too.

I haven't switched yet; because I was holding out hoping Dish would add the MSG-HD RSNs so I can watch the Sabres in HD this year without having to give up my 722 VIP Receiver. Basically dish has until the first week of October for me to see the channel I need in HD otherwise I will be switching too.

I would try calling them and seeing what kind of deal they will give you. Alot of times they will give you better deals than online will.

Wasnt there a thread around here that discussed how a new customer could save up to $240 for signing up?????

Also check out the additional $100 rebate from Plasma Concepts (sticky thread in main area) if you are not a AAA member.

Also, there is the $50 referral option.

All of that on top of the free premier with sunday ticket promo.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)