Potential New DN Customer Questions

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
I am thinking serious about going to Dish Network from my cable. A few Questions;

I am looking at a four room system 1 DVR 522 and one 322

1) I am looking at getting Top 120 programming @ 47.99 and HBO and Showtime @ 22.99 and a 4.98 DVR fee per month that comes to 75.96 a month. Is this what my bill is going to be or is there going to be another $15.00 a month in FCC fees, franchise fees, tax and the like thrown in on top of that 75.96? How do I find out what my bill would be?

2) With these two receivers one thing concerns me. Will I get every channel on all four TV's? I ask this because when looking at the receiver specs it says
• TV2 connections

• 1 set RCA-type audio/video outputs

• 1 agile modulated output (channels 21-69; 73-125); stereo audio

Does this mean the second TV will only get channels 21-69; 73-125 and not get the movie channels that seem to be in the 300s?

3) I actually have 5 current TVs one in the living room, one in my bedroom, one in my office, one in my kids bedroom and one in the kids tree house. If I went with the system I am looking at I would share the DVR522 between the living room and my bedroom and the 322 between my office and the kid. My question, can I split the signal going to my kids bedroom and send it to his tree house also? He can not be in both places at once so it is fine that what ever is on one TV is on both.

4) Free Standard professional installation? Does this mean they will go into my attic and wire it with my current cable wires or run new ones threw the wall if needed or is some joker going to come out here and want to staple wires along the outside of my house and want to put all new outlets in only on exterior walls?

I am wanting to do this not because I can not get cable or am mad at my cable company I am just trying to get the most and best for the least. your input would be appreciated.

Joe

As far as all the televisions receiving all the programing... yes, they will all get all the channels, the modulator just allows you to pick what channel the 2nd tv needs to be on to recieve a picture. then the channel changing is all done through the receiver..

for the pricing, most areas don't have all kinds of extra fees and taxes. I live in missouri and we have no taxes or fees on the programing, me bill is exactly what dish charges... the best place to find out specifically in your area would be to call a local retailer, they should be able to tell you.

also, splitting the signal from your kid's room is fine, escpecially if the installer does it off the second side of the 322, because that has a high output side, and also, a UHF remote that can be used away from the receiver....

Most installers are going to do the job as professionally as possible... That being said, a lot of companys will only do what they consider a BASIC installation... which normal does not include wire fishing the walls. Most of the time they either run the wire through an external wall, or through a basement or crawlspace...
If the exsisting wiring is RG6, they should be able to use that.
ok, also, if the exsisting is ok to use, and they still may tell you that they need to run more wiring to the receivers, tell them that you would prefer that they use DishPro Plus technology...
do you know if the exsisting wiring all goes directly from each wall plate to a central location in the attic? or is their a bunch of splitters all over the house?

4) Free Standard professional installation? Does this mean they will go into my attic and wire it with my current cable wires or run new ones threw the wall if needed or is some joker going to come out here and want to staple wires along the outside of my house and want to put all new outlets in only on exterior walls?
You got it - much more than that is going to cost a pretty penny. And an installer will NOT use existing cable - unless he can be certain it's suitable. The 522/322 install will require dedicated dual RG-6 to each receiver, or use of a DPPlus LNBF or switch. The DPPlus gear allows the new wire to be single RG-6 instead of dual.

It's almost always best to use the old wire for the TV2 backfeeds, and NOT the satellite feeds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts