Potential Super Bowl Alternative Streaming Feeds

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
I am having some family over to watch the Super Bowl on our projection screen Sunday, but now see that some inclement weather may be inbound during the game. I'm worried about snow fade inhibiting the signal from Dish Network and want to have a backup available, just in case. I have a 722 hooked into my system presently.

I hear that only Verizon Wireless subscribers can stream it live from a phone, so my usual backup of streaming video from my AT&T iphone 5S via an HDMI dongle that I have won't work.

I have an analog out composite video cable to hook up to my third generation iPad (it has the old 30 pin connector), which may be my best bet as the NBC Sports app will allow streaming there.

I have an XBox One and XBox 360 tied into my system, so that may be another good option IF they have a streaming feed set up to one of the NBC apps.

The XBox One does have an internet explorer app, but flash videos won't work on it (WHY are so many streaming sites using this tech, when so many platforms refuse to work with it?).

I don't have a PC hooked up to my system and am trying to avoid going through that, but that may be an option if I have to. I have some old VGA cables around, and I have a 1/8" stereo to RCA cord in my car that can get audio, if I have to hook a laptop into my projector.

45 miles from NYC. I have a leaf antenna in the attic I tried installing during the recent threatened CBS blackout. Only channel I could pull in was CBS and signal was flaky.

One thing I kept when I got rid of my swimming pool, the long handled cleaner. Excellent for knocking off the snow on the dish.

There can be a lot of snow on it and it still works. I lose signal when it starts to melt.

Reactions: BobMurdoch
Ok....That was CBS....Game is on NBC.....where is there antenna? Maybe they are high powered....Did you even check?

Ok....That was CBS....Game is on NBC.....where is there antenna? Maybe they are high powered....Did you even check?

Nice link to last year's game on CBS.

Try this link.

details details, like I keep track of what Superbowl number it is. :biggrin I just typed superbowl online into google and that was the first one that came up and it was nfl.com, which I knew was streaming it, so I went with it.

I changed the link to the correct one. thanks to my fellow Okie for pointing out the error of my ways.

Tried several websites that let you put in your address, and they all said too weak a signal for me. Only CBS came in with a "weak" signal.

NBC Live Extra app will have it. Hell with the Xbox One just get it all set to go tonight or tomorrow (logged in etc) if you haven't already (might still wanna test it) and just have the TV come through the Xbox and if there are issues just hit home button and the NBC Live Extra app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NBC Live Extra app will have it. Hell with the Xbox One just get it all set to go tonight or tomorrow (logged in etc) if you haven't already (might still wanna test it) and just have the TV come through the Xbox and if there are issues just hit home button and the NBC Live Extra app.

I haven't used the Xbox 360 as much since I got the XboX One, but I know they still have more apps active.... They have an NBC Sports App on that? I will check.....

There is no NBC Sports Live Extra app for either console. Just an NBC News one.

IF it becomes a problem brushing off snow isn't an option? If it's like many snow falls it won't block the signal unless/until there is enough moisture in it. We just got 27" here and never lost the signal because it was not moist enough.

Thanks for the tips all. Luckily, the weather held off in central NJ and I never lost the signal.

Glad to hear. We had no problem here in upstate NY either.
It takes a very wet snow for me to have any problems. The storm last night and today left 1.5 feet of snow and no problems at all with the signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)