Power Conditioner with Dish Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AkaDoubleG

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 3, 2022
Ilinois
I was wondering if anyone is running a Power Conditioner with their Dish receivers, TV's and sound systems? If so are you not only plugging in the main electrical plug of say your Hopper but also running the coax through the power conditioner and then out into the Hopper? I had a Dish tech tell me years ago not to run the coax through my surge protector because he said there would be a lower signal quality. Do you notice if the audio/visual is any better having clean and not dirty power through a power conditioner besides piece of mind of protecting your equipment? I run a Furman power conditioner with my bass guitar rig and thought about adding one to my main 4K TV setup.

I was wondering if anyone is running a Power Conditioner with their Dish receivers, TV's and sound systems? If so are you not only plugging in the main electrical plug of say your Hopper but also running the coax through the power conditioner and then out into the Hopper? I had a Dish tech tell me years ago not to run the coax through my surge protector because he said there would be a lower signal quality. Do you notice if the audio/visual is any better having clean and not dirty power through a power conditioner besides piece of mind of protecting your equipment? I run a Furman power conditioner with my bass guitar rig and thought about adding one to my main 4K TV setup.
Yeah, do not run your coax through any type of anything. Just let it run straight to the receiver

Yeah, do not run your coax through any type of anything. Just let it run straight to the receiver
I am wondering how much signal/picture loss there is if you are running a Dish approved Holland Di-plexer? I have 2 of my TV's that only have 1 coax line to share Dish and OTA.

I am wondering how much signal/picture loss there is if you are running a Dish approved Holland Di-plexer? I have 2 of my TV's that only have 1 coax line to share Dish and OTA.
Depends on the receiver. Hoppers are not supposed to work with Diplexers but ethanlerma I think has posted that works now. On VIP and legacy, it works perfectly

I have 2 of my TV's that only have 1 coax line to share Dish and OTA.
Depends on the receiver. Hoppers are not supposed to work with Diplexers but ethanlerma I think has posted that works now. On VIP and legacy, it works perfectly
Sort of, the blue diplexers will work on pretty much any receiver with the caveat that they block off MoCA, which means that on a Hopper/Joey no communication. This is fine if you are on a line with a single Hopper or VIP/Legacy stuff of course, and the Wally since it does not do MoCA to begin with. To duplex OTA into a Hopper line you need a setup like the one discussed on this thread.