Power inserters

peperuiz

Original poster
Feb 7, 2006
Is the power inserter assembly for the SW44/Sw64 compatible with the DPP44?
where can you buy these power inserters and power adapters also? I have called many Dish distributors and none carries them by themselves only with the switches. Help please....

called dish tech dept. and they said that yes you can use the SW power inserter with the DPP44 but I am still not convinced.

DN seems to have a hidden parts department because after sending me to the local retailers and national chains such as RS and finding out that no one carries these items the tech dept quoted some prices $29 for SW and $36 for DPP power inserters plus $8.95 S/H,

Would like confirmation and part numbers as well as specs for each power inserter with power adapter combination, if any one can help.... thank you

peperuiz
Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2006

called dish tech dept. and they said that yes you can use the SW power inserter with the DPP44 but I am still not convinced.

there is no way it should work because SW64 inserter for legacy receivers and use 24v and DPP44 is newer system and i believe uses higher voltage. but the verdict is that you cant mix and match dish pro with legacy

the switches bleed off all power over the 19.6 volt limit built into them, the sw44 uses 18.6 volts max to turn the lnb, the dpp44 uses a max of 19.6, after that the voltage bleeds off, the power adapters are interchangable, they just want to sell you a 34.00 part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)