POWER OUTAGES IN WEST MICHIGAN, SPECIFICALLY WION LISTENERS...

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
No restoration times are available for some area residents out of power, we've been told 40 thousand in West Michigan are "out." WION is on generator and at full power. We'll "interrupt" Barry Scott should we get significant news of restoration or numbers! Our stream will remain running as long as the (outgoing) cable system has power to run it's lines. Thanks for listening!

Update: Over 60 thousand now in West Michigan. Ionia County with nearly 5 thousand of those.

Don't forget to use smartphones and report outages, folks! Use https://www.consumersenergy.com/.../reportPowerOutage.

As of 9:25 SAT nite, this is what the outage looks like in our area....
WION's on Generator....no restoration times available for us, (and others, I'm sure) yet...

Attachments

• OUTAGE MAP 4-12 9PM.JPG
    OUTAGE MAP 4-12 9PM.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 186
And, Scott, I've enjoyed being "on the air"..have played quite a few requests tonite since Barry Scott's show ended.
I haven't done a Saturday night request show since I worked on WITL in Lansing in the 90's!
Kind of fun to not be interrupted with paperwork! I'm REALLY enjoying this tonite. (wish it wasn't with listeners in the dark, but it IS nice to know
folks are tuned in!)

Yeah I know the feeling. those are good times and they also leave a lasting mark on those listening. YOU and your music are their entertainment. Have fun with it, enjoy it... and so will your listeners. :)

It's been fun tonight, making "light" of the storms.
BE SAFE everyone...and remember, stay away from downed power lines, and DON'T DRIVE THROUGH STANDING WATER!
(looks like there may be plenty in our area soon, if not already.)

See y'all soon!

Key in the ignition, ready to go home!

-Carlyle

Looks like WION's internet provider has gone down because of the lack of power sometime overnight.

I am sure the WION stream will return as soon as the internet is restored. :)

It (Power) has returned as of about 5-ish this afternoon. Strong storms yesterday....sudden, quick, no "watches" ahead of time...
Not much of a video, but the hail came quickly, and poured off the roof in a pile!
Power had been out for about 26 hours here, give or take. Most of Ionia was out. South Ionia had power, downtown was dark.

Attachments

• Storm at WION April 12th-email size.mp4
    16.3 MB · Views: 209
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts