Power scan vs all scam

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

icstephen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Canton, Oh
Ok I got my 4 90u's from Sadoun yesterday and got 2 of them set up on IA6 & AMC4 through a D* switch (which I love by the way), But my question is about power scan vs all scan. I am using a Fortec Lifetime classic NA I am assuming that the Power scan is the blind scan because it takes allot longer and the all is a faster scan. I am interested in finding more wild feeds and I was wondering if the all scan will work for that or do I need to run the power scan every time?

Thanks

You always want to use POWER SCAN when sniffing for feeds!

"But the best thing about this new Full Power scan feature is that you can also choose how thorough a scan you want to do, you can choose to Power Scan in step of 4/6/8/10 or 12 MHz. So you can zip through a scan by selecting step 12 or if you are in no hurry and want to make sure you find all channels/feeds you can select to scan by 4 MHz step giving total flexibility of your Power scans!"

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=51848

stephen

What kind of DirecTv switch do you have?

As PSB noted, power scan is better. All scan just scans what transponders are stroed in the unit

Sorry Ice its a diseqc switch....I just was being lazy and did not want to type the whole thing out:D but is a 4in/1out that I got from Sadoun.

oh..when I saw D* I thought you meant DirectV :D

yep them diseqc switches are pretty sweet. Just make sure to turn off the unit (in back) when adding or removing it so as to not fry the receiver/switch)

Here is another question that I thought about. should I delete the stored channels before doing a new blind scan...for example when I did my blind scan last night I found a few wild feeds (I'm not going to mention here in the open) now they are gone should I leave that channel stored in the receiver or wipe it? I am wondering if that will ever be used again...I'm thinking of the a-pid, v-pid, etc I am thinking that they would use different a-pid, v-pid's next time.

Some feeds use the same info over and over but it does change on occasion.

If I know a feed is going to use the same PIDS I’ll keep it in there (this is good for sporting events) to see if it may pop back up.

Good example is I scanned Monday and found a baseball game. Didn’t delete the channel and the next day there was a DIFFERENT game on there…same PIDS

Iceberg said:
stephen

What kind of DirecTv switch do you have?

As PSB noted, power scan is better. All scan just scans what transponders are stroed in the unit

Direct tv switches are great for FTA. They are just 22mhz switches (just don't use the SAT C switch). When DTV came out with their elipitical dishes, the switch wasn't built in the lnb casing. They came in 2 and 4 reciever setups. Made by Channelmaster

Guys the power scan on the Fortec Ultra I know doesn't have a way to change steps but what MHz setting does it use. Thanks, Mike

scottc98 said:
Direct tv switches are great for FTA. They are just 22mhz switches (just don't use the SAT C switch). When DTV came out with their elipitical dishes, the switch wasn't built in the lnb casing. They came in 2 and 4 reciever setups. Made by Channelmaster

yes they are great :)

I use a 4x2 multisiwtch right now on my morotized setup...4 inputs (2 L 2 C) and 2 outputs..was used on the Phase II setups

I just got ahold of some 2x4 multisiwtches and 4x4 multiswitches recently (and a 4x8)....They work good...just not with Universal lNB's :)

Iceberg said:
I just got ahold of some 2x4 multisiwtches and 4x4 multiswitches recently (and a 4x8)....They work good...just not with Universal lNB's :)

Really!!

they are limited to 11.7-12.7?

no not just 11.7-12.75 but if you have a Universal that already has a 22k built in. So I can hook it up to a 3x4 multiswitch but not a 4x4, 4x2, 4x8 etc since ont set is 22k on and one is 22k off. Since the Universal needs 22k on for the high band, the multiswitch wouldn't work

Heck, if they made a C-Band dual LNB I'd put one on that :)

The 4x4 multiswitches (and probably 4x8, though I haven't tried one) work very well on the Invacom Quad LNBF to distribute its circular and linear outputs to multiple receivers and to select C or L.

Tron said:
The 4x4 multiswitches (and probably 4x8, though I haven't tried one) work very well on the Invacom Quad LNBF to distribute its circular and linear outputs to multiple receivers and to select C or L.

Tron
Those do work really good. One time for fun I had 2 fixed dishes hooked to a 4x8 multiswitch (Zinwell model) and it worked really good.

Thats a good idea for the Invacom but the only drawback is the switch has to be outside near the motor

Iceberg said:
Tron
Those do work really good. One time for fun I had 2 fixed dishes hooked to a 4x8 multiswitch (Zinwell model) and it worked really good.

Thats a good idea for the Invacom but the only drawback is the switch has to be outside near the motor

One cool thing about the channelmaster dish I have (....for sale very soon :) ) is that it has holes on the back of the dish to perfectly mount these switches.

You could mount the switch behind the dish, another option is to get a small cable company-type splitter box and mount that on the mounting pole. They're quite weatherproof :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)