power supply compatibility Joey 1.0,2.0

remzi777

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Texas
Are the power supplies compatible between the Joey 1.0 & 2.0? Connector is gray on 1.0.red on 2.0. Are they different size,rating,ect?

When I exchanged my Joey 1s for 2's, I simply took the power cord out of the 1 and put it in the 2. In fact, I didn't even get new cords with the 2s. I think they are fine....

There was a thread on this a while back:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...ar-joey-vs-wireless-joey.355807/#post-3787091

You should be able to read the back of each Joey and see what the power requirements are then look at the different power supplies to see what they are rated at. Should be a sticker or molded into the power supply itself. Voltages should be the same (12V) but I do not have a 1 and 2 unit to compare if the current (A) requirement is different. I know the wireless Joeys do require more more current.

I would never use a power supply that is rated LOWER in current than what the device you are connecting it to requires. Higher rated power supply for current is OK as long as the voltages are the same, which for the Joeys they should be.

There was a thread on this a while back:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...ar-joey-vs-wireless-joey.355807/#post-3787091

You should be able to read the back of each Joey and see what the power requirements are then look at the different power supplies to see what they are rated at. Should be a sticker or molded into the power supply itself. Voltages should be the same (12V) but I do not have a 1 and 2 unit to compare if the current (A) requirement is different. I know the wireless Joeys do require more more current.

I would never use a power supply that is rated LOWER in current than what the device you are connecting it to requires. Higher rated power supply for current is OK as long as the voltages are the same, which for the Joeys they should be.
I just happen to have my Joey 1s that traded for 2s. Both 1s and 2s say 12v-1.46a.... They match. But you make a good point in general...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts