Powered Antenna with Satellite receivers

csete

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2007
I feel like an idiot with this stuff. I've asked a few different questions in this group and I still can't quite get it into my head how to fit all of this together. I have 622 and 722 receivers in my house connected to the Dish 1000 dish. There are two lines coming from the satellite that go through some kind of grounding block on the outside of the house. Those lines split and enter the house near the two entertainment areas of the house.

I would like to add an outdoor OTA antenna to the mix. I'm trying to understand what is allowable when placing the antenna and particular the power to the antenna's amplifier. I've looked at most of the diagrams on this page DISH Pro 500 & DISH Pro 500 Plus Information Documents | Solid Signal but I don't see anything that is what I'm looking for. What I'm really hoping to do is to avoid having to poke another hole into the house to run a separate cable for the antenna. I know that I can use diplexers to merge/split the signals, but I'm not sure how that plays into the power handling for the antenna.

Is it possible to do what I want to do? Can anyone point me to a set of diagrams that describe how to put this together?

Thanks,
Craig

I should add that for both receivers, the TV2 outputs are being fed back through my house's previous cable to other TV's. Unfortunately, I can't use my home's cabling to distribute the OTA signal.

You need channel master part number CM4032IFD and part number CM0065DSB.

Its a 2 sat line diplexer that passes power to a pre-amp and uses receiver voltage to do it.

Thanks for the reference. That looks pretty darn easy. A couple of other questions to make sure I do this correctly.

Would I pair the 4032IFD with a 4001IFD (times two) inside the house? Is that the correct match?

Does it matter whether I place the 4032IFD before or after the ground block on the outside of the house?

I'm looking at a slim antenna. If given the choice between a Winegard Square Shooter and a Lacrosse antenna from Antenna's Direct, which would be the better option? That is the form factor I'm looking for, but I'm not sure how the compare in actual functionality.

Thanks again for the insights.
Craig

Ugh...not the SquareShooter...then again, the Lacrosse one isn't great either. That style of antenna isn't good by any means.

Pay the shipping

Got a square shooter shipping & I'd almost give you one. I have one in my garage. It will not pickup VHF. I had it when I lived in another town. Since I had bad multi-path used it to help there. The only problem is it won't even pick up VHF channel 9. So I have had to go to a large ant for a tight beam aimed at the local towers.

I was afraid asking the antenna question was probably dangerous. Can anyone answer concerning the wiring part of things? Given that I'm not interested in a large antenna, can anyone offer a better suggestion than the square shooter or the lacrosse?

Pre-amp for OTA using Dish Vip662 cable

Hi, I have a Dish 1000 that goes into a ViP662 DVR. I'd like to combine a XG91 UHF antenna using a CM7777 pre-amp to the cable coming out of the dish and then split that signal to the UHF input of the ViP622. That way I can use the existing dish cabling to get HD OTA broadcasts.

My question is about the ~20DCV already coming out of the ViP662 to the dish. Can the CM7777 use that power so I don't have to hook up the power supply that came with the CM7777?

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)