Powering Satellite meters

ZandarKoad

Amish Satellite Technician
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
I've been through two Sat Buddies, but each failed after about 5 months. I know, I could send them in to get them repaired, but I'd prefer to buy a handful of the cheap $8 meters, so I can crush them when I'm mad and forget them when I'm in a hurry. :D The only downside is, I have to go up to the roof twice to do an install, because I need the cable/recievers installed so I have power on the roof (no internal betteries on the $8 meters). The meters in question require 18v in order to operate. ...well it just so happens that I've got a Milwaukee Electric hammer drill that has 18v batteries. Has anyone had success in moding their battery to supply power to a coax? :p If not, I'll be working on it the next few weeks.

Dewalt works great! Thats what I use for a backup. :)

Buy the flashlight for your tool if you don't have one. In the top part by the lens, wire in an f88. The switch will turn it on, and the lite will indicate power. Use a tiny fusable link or fuse to be safe. These put out a lot of amperage.

Also you can use two RC battery packs in series. They last forever and power DPP fine. :)

Attachments

• MVC-015S.JPG
    MVC-015S.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 114

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts