PPV recording problem

Bizzach

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Hey gang!
This is the first thread I've started... so go easy, ok?

A couple of days ago, I ordered a PPV movie - the double feature of "Along Came Polly" and "Reality Bites". I set a timer on my 522 to record it.
It did record the entire time... it got 'Polly,' then it broke up the recording into 2 seperate events. 'Reality' recorded almost 2 hours on ToonDisney!
Needless to say, I was pissed about paying a dollar extra but not getting 'Reality.' I wasn't at home at the time, so there's no way the channel got changed between movies (even still, they played back-to-back).

I called the tech support line, and the lady didn't know what I was talking about. She just said to unplug the box and reset it (duh!), then said that maybe there would be some bad sectors on the hard drive that made it show the ToonDisney thing instead of the movie. I NEVER watch ToonDisney though...
I told her that it shouldn't have ANY bad sectors because after L2.01 it started doing diagnostics every night. It was pretty sad that I knew more about it than her.

So I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem. It sucks that I'm out the PPV fee, but I'd like to find out if anyone else has the same problem...
Thanks in advance!

I think I should have stuck with my TIVO. Searching to record something on here is a real pain in the neck. Please dish get NBR ASAP!

I've been having the same problem recording "Big Brother 5" and "Last Comic Standing" Gets Last Comic, but horks up on BB5, either only records part of it, or records the wrong channel. I've got another 522 on the way.

BTW, this has been doing this twice a week for 4 weeks... So it's definatly a re-occuring problem; at least for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts