PQ Getting Worse??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dispatcher_21

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Walla Walla,WA
I know that recently it has been noted that the PQ on Dish has been getting better, I even noticed it, but in the last two days, it seems to have taken a header straight down the toilet. Is this just me or has anyone else noticed this? Everything looks so bland now and the colors are very dull.

I have noticed the PQ seems to be returning to the way it was before the improvement, but not worse. However, it doesn't seem to be across the board. F'rinstance, during the convention, I noticed that CNN's PQ was reverting, but CSPAN looked friggin great. (Of course, HDNet's NHK feed looked the best.) Also, my locals still seem improved. They used to be friggin horrible.

Has anyone out there noticed that Discovery Hd channel has started having a pulsation signal run through it ? The picture pulses ; it looks a lot like pulsation on the sd local channels. I noticed this after they added 3 hd channels per transponder. I only notice this on this channel. The other hd channels look fine. I wonder if this is more noticeble on Discovery because it has mostly video programming rather than film? I tried to watch Trading Spaces and it was very noticable and it bothered me immensly. I knew when they started putting 3 hd channels to a transponder that this would happen but my question is why just on this one channel? :mad:

To further describe the problem it looks like compression of the signal that you will see on the locals that Dish puts up on the satellite.

Me too!

I've noticed that there are some good quality, and some bad! Seems to fluctuate, and of course, given weather, solar disturbances, and government medaling, I'm sure there is some F'n explanation!!!! :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)