Pre-wiring a New Construction

jvta

Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Texas
Hi all. I am about to begin pre-wiring a new construction for Dish Network and do not have long to get it done before sheetrock starts going up. My goal is to have a set up for a total of six (6) tvs with this break down:
1. All with HD;
2. All with OTA;
3. 4 of the 6 with DVR.

My questions are: (1) how many lines will I need running out of the end-wall to potential dish location, (2) how many lines to I need running to each wall location in each room and (3) what kind of additional equipment will I need to accomplish my goal set up?

By the way, I plan to have a centrally located distribution point for the satellite if that is possible.

Any info, recommendations, or wiring diagrams is greatly appreciated.

Definitely run two RG6's. That way you can diplex back if you ever wanted (although with all TV's OTA, you may not end up doing it) and use OTA. Also run a cat 5 or two (I'd run two) to each location (phone line, ethernet, etc.).

You'll want 3 or 4 RG6's from the Dish(es) to the "end wall" depending on what Dish/LNB you use. Probably only three are needed, but I'd run 4 (future proofing).

Now is the time to do it. I did this a year and half ago and I ran 6 coax from the dish to my media closet and then 2 coax and 2 cat 5/6 to each room from the media closet plus I ran 5 coax to certain rooms from the media closet to distribute component hd. We are down now to just a 722 and a 622. We can tune any channel from either dvr via component or rf. So we are set to turn on a game or movie whether brewing a special home beverage in the garage or relaxing in the hot tub on the patio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts