Pre-Wiring Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edwood

Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
Hello. First visit to this forum. I've already learned a bunch just from reading all the helpful advise and opinions given. My question is this. I want to have my house pre-wired before my E* system is installed. I am receiving a 522 and a 322. I am going to run 2 lines of RG6 to each receiver. Now, do I need to run RG6 to the second TV for each receiver, or will co-axial cable work? Thanks in advance.

edwood said:
Hello. First visit to this forum. I've already learned a bunch just from reading all the helpful advise and opinions given. My question is this. I want to have my house pre-wired before my E* system is installed. I am receiving a 522 and a 322. I am going to run 2 lines of RG6 to each receiver. Now, do I need to run RG6 to the second TV for each receiver, or will co-axial cable work? Thanks in advance.

It will go like this:

Two RG6 from dish location to each receiver.
One cable (RG6 preferred but RG59 is acceptable) from receiver to each TV to be connected to that receiver.

Can you even buy that old RG-59 crap any more?

There's no point to it - except maybe for short jumper cables because it's more flexible.

SimpleSimon said:
Can you even buy that old RG-59 crap any more?

There's no point to it - except maybe for short jumper cables because it's more flexible.

Absolutely, stick with RG6. If you only want to save cable run only 1 line to each receiver but you'll have to get a DPP Twin and 2 DPP Separators from the installer. That's the way to go if you want a nice clean install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts