Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
Hi All,
I'm deciding where to place the dish in the back yard, and my brother surprised me with some information.

He says that all the "major" satellites were between west and south, and that his actuator (and others) don't go very far east (beyond due south). --btw, we're in Michigan, EST.

Is this correct? And should I give West and WSW the priority? I'm familiar with the "belt" that geosynchronous satellites must ride on, and I just assumed that viewable satellites exist all the way across.

Many Thanks,
Jerry

To set up the dish look here:
http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tuningp2.html

You want to place the dish high(if required), and in a place where there is nothing in the way, the travel of the actuator depends on the size and placement of the arm, also the mount design has a part to play in the travel, I hit from AMC-8 to AMC-12 my dish can still go but my house is in the way.

I am just south of you in the Boilermaker State, I can get every satellite from AMC 6 at .72 to AMC 7 at .137. Pick out a spot that has a clear view from east to west and you should hove no problems. I feel that if you can't receive every satellite that you are capable of, you are not getting the most out of your equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts