Votes: 15 12.5%
  • I’d prefer a 2H 0J install, but if not allowed, I would go with 1H 1J

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • I’d prefer a 2H 0J install, but if not allowed, I would go with 2H 1J

Votes: 14 11.7%
  • I plan on a different combination of Hoppers and Joeys

Votes: 71 59.2%

• Total voters
Still, no ViPs allowed in Hopper setups. Perhaps they will make an exception for ViP211 series owners for tailgating.

So your household needs 6 tuners going at one time? 6 people watching 6 different shows?

2 Hoopers/3 Joeys is what I am looking at.
While we wouldn't use 6 all of the time, we would need more than 3. We have 2 kids and are unlikely to be watching the same show.
As it is currently, we have 4 receivers for a total of 8 tuners. Using PTAT will make up for losing 2 tuners.

Wouldn't it make sense to get 2H's and 2J's in the beginning so you would have the necessary coax in place? You could then drop back to one Joey if necessary and still be able to upgrade again later.

Wouldn't it make sense to get 2H's and 2J's in the beginning so you would have the necessary coax in place? You could then drop back to one Joey if necessary and still be able to upgrade again later.

If I make the move, I might do just that. Not sure I'll need the Joey if I go with 2 Hoppers, but it might be worth it. But heck, I'm going to do the wiring myself anyway, so what does it matter?

Shouldn't the 4th option read:

"I’d prefer a 2H 1J install, but if not allowed, I would go with 1H 2J"

If I upgrade it will be to 2 H, 3 J. Need to serve 5 HDTVs. Serving 3 now, but not sure I can afford the boosted fees to serve 5. 2 going OTA only right now, but would really like to get sat on them. If Dish dropped the 1st joey fee, I would upgrade day 1. $11 in new fees seems a whole lot better than $18 in new fees for some reason.

I still can't make up my mind, if they won't allow a 2 Hopper 0 Joey setup. Or even if they will.

I have 2 ViP722s. If I move to 2 Hoppers, and they let me continue my no-locals grandfathering, my bill goes down $6 per month. If I move to 2 Hoppers and add a Joey for a 36" SDTV, and they continue my no-locals grandfathering, my bill goes up $1 per month. But that SDTV is doing just fine with a DTVPal on it.

Even if I lose my no-locals grandfathering by moving to Hopper, 2 Hoppers comes out a dollar a month cheaper. Of course, I'm sure eventually Dish will cease all the no-locals grandfathering, and get another $5 a month from me, while I'll still be using OTA anyway.

But it ain't broke, and I don't wanna fix it.

Of course, if they insist on a Hopper and a Joey for 2 HDTVs, and I don't think they will, that will kill any thoughts of moving to H/J, unless it became important to move to 2H/1J for some reason. Move a Joey between the exercise room and the guest area, as needed? That would require me to actually exercise, wouldn't it? ;)

I think it takes a "primary programming" change to lose the grandfathering, but I've seen others post otherwise. I know I dropped HBO when my son got better and moved out, and did not lose my grandfathering. Of course, I had to call and remind them of that.

Well, it will be months before I'll feel the need to decide. Unless these prices are intro and will expire......