Premium+ Wireless Problems.

Phoxx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
The Land Of Corn!
Since I have installed 5308 firmware in my Premium Plus I have been unable to get the wireless internet function to work. The box has a wireless MAC# listed on the menu, it finds my wireless router(Cisco E4200), accepts the WEP password. I click "connect" button, it goes to the next page to set up, I press connect button and the unit scans and says "Complete." Then, I re-boot the box, but the wireless will not connect, it tries, but no luck.

Is there a glitch in the 5308 firmware??

Anyone having problems?

It has been a long, long time since I set up the wireless feature, did I forget a step??:confused:

Hello Phoxx,

I do not suspect a problem with image 5308, it is operating fine for me. The steps you have followed seem reasonably correct as far as my memory serves me. However, I have found the AZBox to be a little finicky at times when setting up the WiFi connection. Obviously, the first item to address is to ensure that all the IP addressing parameters (numbers) are correct. You know this, but you should double check to be certain.

Beyond the obvious, I have occasionally found it necessary to toggle between WIRED and WiFi setups to get the WiFi operational. Setting up the WIRED network is more forgiving, so if you have an ethernet cable and can connect to your router or modem direct, that will get the connection to the internet established. Then you may switch the option over to WiFi and reset the connection from scratch. Once the connection parameters have been set up, instead of testing the connection, I do a FULL hard reboot (power down completely and then power back up). Then I go into the menus and check the connection speed and the time synchronization feature via internet. It always seems to work fine with a little persuasion this way.

I think I covered this in my sticky and I am sure that StarGaze quoted me on most of this in the A-Z Manual. The main thing that I have found is that sometimes the hard reboot is necessary to kick start the WiFi. The standard reboot doesn't always seem to get it going.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts