Price drop?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
I'm waiting for a price drop before jumping into a new console. The Wii to me is for kids. I'm leaning to the 360 without a drop in price but sooner or later economics 101 says they will drop the price. With my luck it will be the week after I buy one. Any inside info?

Last edited:
There have been reports/rumors of a $50 price drop on each 360 SKU before Sony does something similar with the PS3.

The Wii is gimmicky and a very fun console, it should not be ignored, but for the franchise games... Madden/Sports games, RPGs, surely PS3/360 are going to remain the choice that has to be made for most gamers.

There have been reports/rumors of a $50 price drop on each 360 SKU before Sony does something similar with the PS3.

The Wii is gimmicky and a very fun console, it should not be ignored, but for the franchise games... Madden/Sports games, RPGs, surely PS3/360 are going to remain the choice that has to be made for most gamers.

I'm not looking to start console war. I could care less which one wins out. I would like to buy one before next Christmas and want the lowest priced one besides the Wii. I think Nintendo has skillfully targeted the younger gamer and a lower price. I want to know which of the high end more adult consoles will start lowering price.

More likely than not the PS3 will begin the price drop. The 360 is still achieving higher sales than the PS3 and with Halo 3 coming out and no first party or major exclusive PS3 software due out until 2008 microsoft will likely sit tight until after year's end.

One of the things I read lately about the 360 price cut preempting the PS3 cut: http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=16291

By the end of 08 I expect the consoles to be pretty competitive vs. each other, but that's a long while for them to get to that point... by then we'll be talking about GTA5, the next Forza/Gran Turismos, and another round of sports games that are identical on both systems.

I'm waiting for a price drop before jumping into a new console. The Wii to me is for kids. I'm leaning to the 360 without a drop in price but sooner or later economics 101 says they will drop the price. With my luck it will be the week after I buy one. Any inside info?

I would actually like to purchase a Wii. Don't get me wrong, I'll still wind up with a PS3 or 360, but the Wii is appealing to me due to all of the games that can be purchased from the past era. I know Wii will probably have some pretty interesting titles coming out, but I think I'd primarily download vintage titles for play on the Wii -- Tecmo Bowl, Mario, Sim City, Punch Out!!, Pro Wrestling, and, if and when, Double Dragon! I think I'd like the Wii Sports as well, but I'd primarly use the system for the past era. I wonder if Friday the 13th will be released on the Virtual Console?

Cade

I would actually like to purchase a Wii. Don't get me wrong, I'll still wind up with a PS3 or 360, but the Wii is appealing to me due to all of the games that can be purchased from the past era. I know Wii will probably have some pretty interesting titles coming out, but I think I'd primarily download vintage titles for play on the Wii -- Tecmo Bowl, Mario, Sim City, Punch Out!!, Pro Wrestling, and, if and when, Double Dragon! I think I'd like the Wii Sports as well, but I'd primarly use the system for the past era. I wonder if Friday the 13th will be released on the Virtual Console?

Cade

I didn't mean that as a dig at Wii owners but I think it is obvious they are going after the young market. Ah Tecmo Bowl, I wasted many hours on that game. :D

Well I bought a Wii for my 11 year old daughter last friday. I have to admit that the interactive option brings a whole new dimension to the gaming industry. I play real bowling, and I'm addicted to Wii Bowling, my daughter beats me everytime :). Even my 15 year old son, Fan of Halo and GOW to the extreme(like the father :p) spent a lot of time playing it too. The 2 360s inmy house took a break this weekend. I bought Red Steel for me, the learning curve is a little intense, but I'm getting it.
About the price Drop, it just makes sense specially with intrduction of the 360 Elite.

Good luck with the Wii, I have a Wii and PS3 and the Wii is fun to play with the kids, and I too am addicted to bowling (high score: 254). Some Wii games are a little hard for younger kids (I have a 7 and 5 year old) and they tend to go back to GameCube titles and the traditional remote. After the initial cool factor with the Wii during the first month, I find myself currently playing the PS3 more.

I bought the Wii for daughter, I like the fact that this console in interactive and I like the fact that she's moving his body to play Actually she never enjoyed playing the traditional consoles, she gets bored quickly. She prefers riding her bike with her friends more(thank God :) )
What I don't like is the graphics, I'm used to the X360 in HD, so I expect more but that's me.
I'll used a lot for the next couple of weeks while I get my Xbox back from the repairs Center, yeap another unit gone but I registered last december even though the unit was bought on Feb 06, they gave me the one year warranty from the date of registration.

Tom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)