Price Increase coming in February

Status
Please reply by conversation.
BTW some of the prices listed in the DISH price increase thread were wrong.

DVR fees are NOT going up for existing customers, now are the premium channels going down for existing customers.

so it went up a couple bucks. Just like the areas that previously had none and now its going to be 1.97

Why are they adding a RSN to areas that Previously Didnt Have One.

I was talking to DTV Chat and they Said: "the RSN Fee was included in the base package price BUT now they are taking it out of the base package price and making it a Separate Charge" RIDICULOUS

Why are they adding a RSN to areas that Previously Didnt Have One.

I was talking to DTV Chat and they Said: "the RSN Fee was included in the base package price BUT now they are taking it out of the base package price and making it a Separate Charge" RIDICULOUS

Then they should give you the option of not having that channel.

Reactions: nvguy38
BTW some of the prices listed in the DISH price increase thread were wrong.

DVR fees are NOT going up for existing customers, now are the premium channels going down for existing customers.
Scott,
Who sets the Premium channel rates, the Channel (HBO, Starz exc.) or Directv ?

If its the Channel, then they should go down for D* subs as well as the DISH guys.

RSN fees continue to chap my hide...if they are going to charge separately for something I absolutely will NEVER watch, they should be required to make it an a la carte option........not a mandatory fee. The programming should be just like all the other 'sports' packages.......allow people to add it ONLY if they want. Are they still waiving it for Ultimate & Premier? I meant for lower tier programming...That was their previous suggestion on how I could avoid the fee - downgrade to a lower package. Losing the channels my wife and daughter watch the most to simply eliminate the RSN fee. NO THANKS! However, I see from a previous post that is no longer an option as they're assessing even on the base package next year.

If they are going to require you to pay it, they should roll it into the package price instead of itemizing it...then I wouldn't have anything to to bitch about :) Package price would be higher, but chalk it up to annual rate increases. They should rebate to those who do not view the channels...I even have them removed from my fav list!!

Scott,
Who sets the Premium channel rates, the Channel (HBO, Starz exc.) or Directv ?

If its the Channel, then they should go down for D* subs as well as the DISH guys.
I'm sure there is a Minimum cost set by the Owner of the premium channel.
Then it's agreed.
But I bet if the provider want to charge more for it I'm sure they can.
I doubt it's on a subscriber basis.

I'm placing my money on HBO is getting paid to be offered.

I'm paying $10 for HBO. And not under a New customer promo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm sure there is a Minimum cost set by the Owner of the premium channel.
Then it's agreed.
But I bet if the provider want to charge more for it I'm sure they can.
I doubt it's on a subscriber basis.

I'm placing my money on HBO is getting paid to be offered.

I'm paying $10 for HBO. And not under a New customer promo.

I thought HBO was like $15 or more thru D* ?

I think, with the premium-movie channels, the provider—not the programmer—determines the subscriber price. The price the provider pays is a result of the contractual agreement between programmer and provider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Troch77
I thought HBO was like $15 or more thru D* ?
It's was $19 but they offered Existing customers HBO for $10 during October and November.
But if you drop it , you'll have to pay full price if you ever add it back.
But according to the new price sheet they dropped it to $15 at Full price.

Hi regular lurker here finally registered an account :)

Here is a spreadsheet I made of the new price increases that take effect on 1/28/16. I have researched all the info I could for better understanding. The spreadsheet includes which packages do and don't have the RSN fee associated with them. All current packages are 100% correct. Expired English Packages I am 99% positive with my research is correct. Expired Spanish Packages I'm 50/50 on.

Notes:
- Preferred Xtra is a retention package essentially it is the Ultimate package with no sports (except for ESPN, ESPN2 and FS1), adds Hallmark Movies & Mystery and removes all Encore & TMC channels. If you are on Ultimate and don't want the RSN fee then just get Preferred Xtra + Encore A La Carte for $7.99 and there you go. (For 2016 pricing both services together are $87.98 a $4.01 savings over Ultimate + your RSN). Found the Preferred Xtra info out from another satellite forum.
- Pricing for expired packages come from the 2015 Price Increase guide. I do not have the figures for Select Classic since that package varies as per the 2015 Price Increase notice from D*
- All Included Pricing comes from att.com -- All Included packages have the same channel lineups as their standard counterparts and includes the Advance Receiver Service and up to 4 TV's in the base price. 5 or more TV's will trigger the additional TV fee

dtvincrease.png

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts