Price Increase coming in February

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here is a better version and it has the expired packages for which do and don't have the RSN Fee corrected. The RSN fee is correct according to the increase table that D* released for the exact RSN Fee they suggest check their website. Like in my area the current RSN Fee is $2.14 but will increase to $3.63 which is a $1.49 increase. I changed the wording to what D* has on their increase table.

dtvincrease.png

Now Merged, AT&T and DirecTV Raise TV Rates in Perfect Unison

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/...recTV-Raise-TV-Rates-in-Perfect-Unison-135907

Directly on the heels of AT&T raising prices for AT&T U-Verse customers, now AT&T-owned DirecTV is not-coincidentally rolling out some new price hikes of its own. A memo and pricing detail sheet (pdf) posted to the DirecTV website notes that most base packages, channel bundles, and premium channels will be seeing price hikes ranging from $2 to $8 per month.

The company says it's also raising its "TV fee," which the DirecTV website states "allow us to keep our monthly fees low." Users will also be seeing a slight bump in their regional sports network fees.

"Exceeding your expectations is at the core of everything we do," DirecTV (AT&T) tells its customers. "And we understand that getting maximum value is a top priority, which is why we work diligently to keep costs under control. However, due to higher costs of programming, an adjustment in the price of our programming packages is necessary."

You may recall that AT&T justified their $69 billion acquisition of DirecTV by claiming their combined market power would result in more leverage in programming negotiations and lower costs. Cost savings that pretty clearly won't be getting passed on to consumers. Rate hikes for both AT&T U-Verse andDirecTV customers will take effect January 28.

Again, you can find the full breakdown of all DirecTV rate hikes here (pdf).

$6.39 to be exact.
But slightly less in some parts of PA $4.93

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
The point I was making was on his chart he said "0-1.97" for the RSN fee when in fact there are areas that it is greater than that.

If it was "6 and some change" or 6.39 that is still more than 1.97 ;)

what does the "all included" Mean??

All Included Base Packages are a new line of packages sold by AT&T (through their website or going into their stores.) All Included is the same as the Standard Base Packages except the price includes up to 4 TV's and the Advance Receiver Service. All Included does not include the RSN Fee. Customers that have the "All Included" version and has say the Genie + 3 Minis do save a small amount each month versus someone that has everything itemized. The catch with All Included packages is say you move and no longer need that 4th receiver active and you call D* to deactivate it. Your package price stays the same with All Included and doesn't decrease. As per an ATT Store rep once you are signed up for either the regular standalone packages or the All Included packages you can not switch between the two. (Ex. Someone in Choice All Included ($111.00) can not switch to standard Choice ($74.99) and vice versa)

Here is some examples of how All Included Packages work from the ATT rep I spoke with (using the 2016 pricing):

Example A - 4 TV's w/ ARS
Customer #1 has the standard Choice package for $74.99/mo with a Genie and 3 Genie Minis @ $28/mo (4 TV's x $7/tv), Advance Receiver Service for $15/mo and the RSN Fee for $6.39. Their bill per month (before tax) would be $124.38
Customer #2 has the Choice All Included package for $111.00/mo and has a Genie and 3 Genie Minis @ $0 and has Advance Receiver Service @ $0 and the RSN Fee for $6.39. Their bill per month (before tax) would be $114.63

Customer #2 saves $9.75/mo in the All Included package

Example B - 1 TV no ARS
Customer #1 has the standard Choice package for $74.99/mo with 1 HD Receiver @ $7/mo and the RSN Fee for $6.39. Their bill per month (before tax) would be $88.38
Customer #2 has the Choice All Included package for $111.00/mo with 1 HD Receiver @ $0/mo and the RSN Fee for $6.39. Their bill per month (before tax) would be $114.63

Customer #2 spends $26.25/mo more in the All Included package

Now Merged, AT&T and DirecTV Raise TV Rates in Perfect Unison

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/...recTV-Raise-TV-Rates-in-Perfect-Unison-135907

Directly on the heels of AT&T raising prices for AT&T U-Verse customers, now AT&T-owned DirecTV is not-coincidentally rolling out some new price hikes of its own. A memo and pricing detail sheet (pdf) posted to the DirecTV website notes that most base packages, channel bundles, and premium channels will be seeing price hikes ranging from $2 to $8 per month.

The company says it's also raising its "TV fee," which the DirecTV website states "allow us to keep our monthly fees low." Users will also be seeing a slight bump in their regional sports network fees.

"Exceeding your expectations is at the core of everything we do," DirecTV (AT&T) tells its customers. "And we understand that getting maximum value is a top priority, which is why we work diligently to keep costs under control. However, due to higher costs of programming, an adjustment in the price of our programming packages is necessary."

You may recall that AT&T justified their $69 billion acquisition of DirecTV by claiming their combined market power would result in more leverage in programming negotiations and lower costs. Cost savings that pretty clearly won't be getting passed on to consumers. Rate hikes for both AT&T U-Verse andDirecTV customers will take effect January 28.

Again, you can find the full breakdown of all DirecTV rate hikes here (pdf).
Gee, we've been talking about that for awhile now.

The fact that att Uverse raised thier prices has absolutely NOTHING to do with the D* price increases.

I don't know why dsl reports always tries to Sensationalize things.

D* rates go up a bit every year in Feb/Mar, everyone already knows that, so don't try to make it out that its because of att.

Last edited:
i have 2 wireless receivers and 1 main dvr receiver
primary tv fee
advance receiver service

and they said they are adding the RSN

do i have the standard ?

Gee, we've been talking about that for awhile now.

The fact that att Uverse raised thier prices has absolutely NOTHING to do with the D* price increases.

I don't know why dsl reports always tries to Sensationalize things.

D* rates go up a bit every year in Feb/Mar, everyone already knows that, so don't try to make it out that its because of att.
because both poke and whitewolf try to "one up" each other on the copy and paste stuff...thats why

Both dont read anything they copy/paste before doing it

Reactions: Troch77 and osu1991
Well in all fairness, Directv and Att spouted off how this merger would save on programming costs to the consumer, and Yet you are still paying the same addtional price increase as Previous years.

So IMO this Big merger did NOTHING!

Well in all fairness, Directv and Att spouted off how this merger would save on programming costs to the consumer, and Yet you are still paying the same addtional price increase as Previous years.

Agree … so far.

I will add to this that HD is important to me with regard for sticking with subscribing to DirecTV. I want the channels that are in standard definition but which can be viewed in high definition to get added by DirecTV’s new owner, AT&T. And I want to see a lot more come out way in 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"All Included Base Packages are a new line of packages sold by AT&T (through their website or going into their stores.) All Included is the same as the Standard Base Packages except the price includes up to 4 TV's and the Advance Receiver Service. All Included does not include the RSN Fee. Customers that have the "All Included" version and has say the Genie + 3 Minis do save a small amount each month versus someone that has everything itemized. The catch with All Included packages is say you move and no longer need that 4th receiver active and you call D* to deactivate it. Your package price stays the same with All Included and doesn't decrease. As per an ATT Store rep once you are signed up for either the regular standalone packages or the All Included packages you can not switch between the two. (Ex. Someone in Choice All Included ($111.00) can not switch to standard Choice ($74.99) and vice versa) "

I have a Genie and an HD DVR; will both ARS fees be covered as "free" under the All-inclusive or just the first one?

I agree and disagree with this sentiment all at the same time. They did boast about how this merger would allow them to control the market a little more efficiently, and they are raising rates this year, but they also haven't really had time to renegotiate the contracts that will provide the lower costs. For instance, they are still on their old Viacom contract. It will take atleast 3 years from date of purchase to have enough contracts, to see if we were fooled. That said, I still think the FCC screwed the pooch in allowing this merger to take place. And how the hell did they get past the SEC and the FTC?

Reactions: whitewolf8214

And they've been one company for all of 20 minutes.
I would say this rate increase was in the works from before the merger.

You guys believe you won't see the increases year after year?

Guess I'm not that optimistic.

Maximizing Profits!!
That all these Big Mergers do.

You guys believe you won't see the increases year after year?

Guess I'm not that optimistic.

Maximizing Profits!!
That all these Big Mergers do.

So because of this merger you expect them to Add more HD and new recvrs and LOWER your bill ?

They will continue to go up some, they never have gone up by a Huge amount.
They will tell you that they went because of what I just posted.

It was back in July.

I think it was July 24 on which the FCC approved the purchase of DirecTV by AT&T.

People are not very trusting. One can't blame them. But, I understand your position that more time is needed before judging this acquisition.

Getting yet another typical, annual price increase does not encourage skeptics.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)