The following pricing information was sent to Dish Network retailers via email. Thank you to everyone who passed it on to me.
• “Core” Programming Packages
o “America’s Top” Names – Effective February 1st, the “Classic” programming packages will change names back to the “America’s Top” packages!
o No Price Increases – We will NOT be increasing the price of our core “America’s Top” programming packages on February 1, 2010! Plus, the price of America’s “Everything” Pak will decrease!
• DishLATINO Programming Packages
o No Price Increases – We will NOT be increasing the price of our DishLATINO programming packages for on February 1, 2010! Plus, the price of the DishLATINO Dos programming package will decrease!
o DishLATINO Plus No Longer Available – Effective February 1st, the $34.99/mo. DishLATINO Plus programming package will no longer be available to new customers or existing customers who do not already subscribe to it. Existing customers subscribing to the DishLATINO Plus programming package may continue to receive it unless they change their programming or deactivate (and subsequently reactivate) their account.
• HD Programming Packages
o TurboHDTM Package Name Change – Effective February 1, 2010, the “TurboHD” programming packages will have new names that include “DISH America.”
o No Price Increase for “HD & Platinum” – New or existing customers who subscribe to an “America’s Top” package or DishLATINO Max, and would like to subscribe to an HD add-on package may continue to add the “HD & Platinum” add-on package for $10.00/mo.
• “With DVR” Package (DishDVR Advantage) No Longer Available – Effective February 1, 2010, the “with DVR” packages (formerly known as DishDVR Advantage) will no longer be available. Existing customers subscribing to the “with DVR” packages will be billed separately for each component of the “with DVR” package.
• New Eligible Basic International Programming Package – Korean Tiger Pack – Available February 1, 2010 – We are thrilled to announce the launch of a new Eligible Basic International Programming (as defined in the Incentive Payment Structure Business Rules or the Incentive Payment Structure DHA TOO and FlexTV Business Rules, as applicable) package – the “Korean Tiger Pack.” This seven-channel, Korean-language programming package will be available beginning February 1st for just $19.99/month.
• Simplified Fee Structure – Effective February 1, 2010, we will make certain changes to customer fees designed to help make customers’ billing statements easier to read (and potentially display fewer line items). Additionally, we have simplified our programming and fee pricing structures, so there are fewer pricing options for customers to review. For example, DISH marketing materials will reflect package prices with local network programming included.
o One DVR Service Fee Per Account – Effective February 1st, customers will no longer be charged an individual $5.98 fee per DVR; instead customers with at least one DVR receiver activated on their account will be charged a single $6.00/mo. DVR Service Fee regardless of the number of DVRs they have activated.
o TV2 Receiver Connection Fee
? Effective February 1, 2010, new customers will not be subject to the TV2 Receiver Connection Fee, but should still be encouraged to connect their receivers to a land-based phone line or broadband Internet connection to take advantage of certain receiver functionality including:
Interactive TV (DishHOME Channel 100) DISH Remote Access Pay-Per-View (PPV) On Screen Caller ID
– Existing Customers - Effective February 1, 2010, we will change the structure of certain fees, including some that apply to existing customers. ? Some existing customer bills will go up, some will go down and some will remain the same. ? On average, our customer price increases should be less than the customer price increases by most other pay-TV providers in the marketplace. ? Please direct all customers with detailed billing questions to the following link:
www.dishnetwork.com/2010updates (available on 2/1/10) or to call DISH at 1-800-333-DISH (3474).
DISH Network is still the low cost leader and these changes are being made in order to help simplify
the customer experience.
• Fees Related to Additional Receivers – Effective February 1, 2010, the fee structure related to additional receivers on new and existing customer accounts will change. Beginning February 1, 2010, a new Additional Receiver Fee will replace the current Additional Receiver Fee, TV2 Receiver Connection Fee and DVR Service Fee. As discussed above, for certain customers’ accounts, each receiver activated beyond the first will no longer be subject to a TV2 Receiver Connection Fee. Additionally, the DVR Service Fee will no longer be associated with each DVR on a customer’s account; instead a single “whole-home” DVR Service Fee will apply to the entire customer account.
• Changes to America’s “Everything” Pak – In addition to the monthly price decrease (to $99.99/mo. from $102.98/mo.), effective February 1, 2010, only new and existing customers who qualify for DISH Network local network programming in their DMA will be able to subscribe to America’s “Everything” Pak. Customers who do not qualify for local network programming will receive better pricing by subscribing to America’s Top 250 with four premium movie packages. Existing customers who do not qualify for local network programming will be moved to the America’s Top 250 programming package and the 4-pay premium movie packages ($57.99/mo. for America’s Top 250 with $40.00/mo.discounted price for 4 premium movie packages (see the “Premium Movie Package Pricing Not Changing for Q1 2010” section below for actual price of premium movie packages without 4-pay premium move package discount) for a total of $97.99/mo., which is less expensive than America’s “Everything” Pak at $99.99/mo.).
o With the introduction of the “whole-home” DVR Service Fee, the DVR Service Fee will no longer be waived on a monthly basis if a customer subscribes to America’s “Everything” Pak. Effective February 1st, customers will no longer be charged an individual fee per DVR; instead customers with at least one DVR receiver activated on their account will be charged a single $6.00/mo. DVR Service Fee regardless of the number of DVRs they have activated.
• Welcome Packs No Longer Available – Effective February 1, 2010 – The $9.99/mo. Welcome Pack without Locals, the $14.99/mo. Welcome Pack with Locals, the $9.99/mo. DishLATINO Welcome Pack without locals, and the $14.99/mo. DishLATINO Welcome Pack with Locals will no longer be available to new customers or to existing customers who do not already subscribe to them. Existing customers who already subscribe to these programming packages may continue to receive them unless they change their programming or deactivate (and subsequently reactivate) their account.