prime focus dish lnb for Dish network?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fclt1981

Original poster
May 20, 2010
colombia
I have a 5m Prime focus dish(solid aluminum not mesh) that I would like to use to get sat 119. Does it use a special lnb? what are the things that need to be addresed? How do they compare to offset dishes?

thanks,

fclt

you need a specialized DBS LNB for Prime Focus dishes. If you try and use a regular DBS LNB on a Prime Focus dish you dont gain anything really.

I tried it on a 6 footer here in Minnesota and got same results as a 24" dish

where

you need a specialized DBS LNB for Prime Focus dishes. If you try and use a regular DBS LNB on a Prime Focus dish you dont gain anything really.

I tried it on a 6 footer here in Minnesota and got same results as a 24" dish

Where can those be purchased. A link would be nice for this Ice since you have done it before.

Honestly I havent seen a prime focus DBS LNB....I know there are KU LNB's for Prime Focus but havent seen a DBS one.

The only reason I tried was one time I tried to get 4 LNB's on my 6 foot dish
91 C-Band
99 C-Band
107 KU
and for fun I slapped a 110 LNB there....even removing the 107 KU LNB I still couldnt get decent signal on 110

there's a guy around here ("Rafaelccs") using prime focus for DBS in Venezuela, as he said in another thread. maybe he can tell us how he's set up, or what he uses,....

You need a dish dbs stacked lnb which was used for the superdish 121 and you can connect that to the waveguide throat of a big dish circular ku band feedhorn, but don't bother because the 119 footprint has been tightened up. dish PN/ 122676

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Hey guys, I have been answering him directly by private messages....
I told him his antenna was no good, even though it was solid.
He can't give a brand it's locally handcrafted. I know first hand that Ku-band needs accurate surface, the solid petals need to be part of the shape of the antenna, some people can't undestand this because this can't be seen at first sight.
For these matter I only rely on professional brands who craft their antennas with molds, and the petals are shaped in molds as well, normally antennas made in south america aren't crafted with molds, autocad, etc, etc.....

If he wants to waste his time on this:

PFDBSLNBF.jpg

http://www.global-cm.net/upgradeKu.html

This is not bad.....now to locate the satellite and see what will be the exact location for the Focus, if the feed matches the antenna f/d......is another thing.

I always suggest people to try first with off set fed antennas...why? plain and simple you don't need to make special recollectors (feeds) LNBF are matched for most f/d of all off set fed antennas (0.7).....after 2.4 m (8 ft) off set fed you could consider prime focus because 3.8 m off set fed antenna is well over $11,000 plus shipping and you could get a decent prime focus for arround $4,000 to $7,000 depending on the manufacturer....

Things get serious when you want to achieve electromagnic waves of shorter wavelength.....particulary DBS (Circular 12.2 GHz to 12.7 GHZ) and even more particularly in Fringe areas...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)