Primestar 84E dish and SG2100 motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cosmokramer11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Queens
I have done some searching on how to install a 84E dish to the Sg2100. I did the install this evening and its all hooked up. But my issue is the elevation I do not know how to set it. The way I hooked up the dish was I took off the original elevation bracket off the 84E dish. I put a piece of wood there then put on a DTV wall mount then I put my SG2100 onto the wall mount and attached it to the mounting pole. I thought I could take elevation screws off my Fortec and put them into the DTV wall mount but that didn't help any. So what is the best way I can get the elevation to work on this dish thanks

There is a very good video at sadoun.com under the installation link. If you will need to enter your address and your motor type to get the proper settings.
On the motor set your latitude. Then take your elevation minus the declination angle to get your elevation for your dish. ALl of this should be done while aimed at your true south. The video will show you how to fine tune the settings.
Good luck.

Here's how I did mine - I measured the angle of the face of the dish with a straightedge and an angle finder while it was a fixed mount and then used that angle on the same sat setup after attaching the dish to the motor. It then took very little time to fine tune things in. The adjustment screw I put on the bottom of the motor tube allows for declination adjustment.

edit: According to Dishpointer.com (which used to be linked here!) set your latitude on your motor bracket to 40.75 degrees for Queens NY. Your declination angle should be 30 - 6.3 degrees or 23-24. But it is hard to set with a homemade mount unless you do something like suggested above. Keep us posted!

Attachments

• 2009_0505DishMount2.JPG
    2009_0505DishMount2.JPG
    391.9 KB · Views: 256
  • 2009_0505DishMount1.JPG
    2009_0505DishMount1.JPG
    383.3 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
There is a very good video at sadoun.com under the installation link. If you will need to enter your address and your motor type to get the proper settings.
On the motor set your latitude. Then take your elevation minus the declination angle to get your elevation for your dish. ALl of this should be done while aimed at your true south. The video will show you how to fine tune the settings.
Good luck.

Here's how I did mine - I measured the angle of the face of the dish with a straightedge and an angle finder while it was a fixed mount and then used that angle on the same sat setup after attaching the dish to the motor. It then took very little time to fine tune things in. The adjustment screw I put on the bottom of the motor tube allows for declination adjustment.

edit: According to Dishpointer.com (which used to be linked here!) set your latitude on your motor bracket to 40.75 degrees for Queens NY. Your declination angle should be 30 - 6.3 degrees or 23-24. But it is hard to set with a homemade mount unless you do something like suggested above. Keep us posted!

Thanks for both reply's. WTGUY I do not need help installing the motor. The dish I had up before worked fine. The dish was bent a little so I didn't get good quality on some satellites. Also the fortec is light and cheap metal. So the primestar is nice and heavy dish.

Larobpra what is the setup on your dish to use for declination? What do I need to get from the store to put that setup on my dish thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts