primestar dish is up now what?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

uncleuser

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
I got the old primstar up and pointed at something maybe galaxy 10 or there abouts using sat meter. How doo I check which sat it's pointing at?
I'm using progdvb, what is the correct settup for tp and freq?
I keep getting Please Insert a Valid Frequency.
What is LOF1, Switch and LOF2 values?
Thanks.

Need to know a bit more, what LNB you're using would be a good start :)
If you're using a standard LNB, select "Circular" in the progdvb menu.
Try 10750 for LOF.
When you've done that, go to "Scan transponder" and select G10R and see if you get anything.

sorry I wasn't specific

LNB is oval shape and has two output.

Cascade said:
Need to know a bit more, what LNB you're using would be a good start :)
Try 10750 for LOF.
When you've done that, go to "Scan transponder" and select G10R and see if you get anything.

Cascade will be able to tell you better, but Ritzdvb seems to work pretty well for me. Progdvb I cannot seem to get my switch setup correctly. Isn't the primestar dish a Ku lnb?

Cascade: Did I send you a PM?

Yes

Yes it is a primestar LNB that came with oval shape Primestar dish.
I did scan for telstar 5 looks like getting some signal. Where is telstar 5 in relation to galaxy 10?
Cascade said:
That's hardly specific.
Is it a Primestar LNB? Make? Model numbers? anything?
Bueller ?
Bueller ?

Timmy
The Primestar dish is KU band but there were 2 LNB's...a single output and a dual output one..

Timmy, I never got it bud, as for your diseqc issues in Prog, try distinguishing your LNBs "By LNB" - I had a couple of probs with mine at first. If that doesn't work you can edit Diseqctree.ini by hand and see if that helps.

uncleuser said:
Yes it is a primestar LNB that came with oval shape Primestar dish.
I did scan for telstar 5 looks like getting some signal. Where is telstar 5 in relation to galaxy 10?

Thousands of miles away.
We need more info on your LNB.

Galaxy10R is at 123deg W
T5 is at 97 so it depends where in the country you are.

It is the lnb that came with the oval primestar dish. It has a grey oval shape plastic cover on it with two outputs.
Cascade said:
Thousands of miles away.
We need more info on your LNB.

There's 2 models

One had a separate V & H...unlike other KU LNBF's, these are only V or H (not both)
One had a combined one

user has the one with separate V & H

berg,

can I combine the two output to diseq 2 switch and get the signal?
My main problem is I don't know which sat it's pointing to. Is there a way to find out which one it's pointing to?
Thanks.
Iceberg said:
There's 2 models

One had a separate V & H...unlike other KU LNBF's, these are only V or H (not both)
One had a combined one

user has the one with separate V & H

yes you can combine both to a DiseQc switch

the original Primestar dish (unmoved) was at T4 (I think), which is now IA6 (T6)....again, I think. Theres a Primestar dish in my neighborhood that I want to take (whoopes too much info :) that is pointing straight south. In Minneapolis, straight south is IA6 at 93

uncleuser, looks like you're gonna need to buy a switch or a new LNB.
I know nothing about the primestar dish setup.

if you try what I said earlier you should pick something up as long as you're pointed to G10R.
If you're not pointed at G10R, try another satellite list in progdvb and scan those transponders.

Cascade said:
Since it's Ku, wouldn't it be "linear"? DBS uses circular polarization (L & R).

I eyballed near my old directv 101w and move to the right a couple inches. I know galazy10 is 123w.
How do I know where the dish is pointing to. I got signal using the sat meter.
Help! thanks.
Iceberg said:
yes you can combine both to a DiseQc switch

TuxCoder said:
Since it's Ku, wouldn't it be "linear"? DBS uses circular polarization (L & R).

Yes it would, well spotted.
However :) ProgDVB can't tell what's circular and what's linear, if you hit a circular frequency when you have a linear LNB local oscillator setup it'll give you an out of range error so it's easier to tell Prog that you're using a circular LNB.
Unless of course you're using a universal LNB and need the switching frequencies both from both oscillators.

uncleuser said:
I eyballed near my old directv 101w and move to the right a couple inches. I know galazy10 is 123w.
How do I know where the dish is pointing to. I got signal using the sat meter.
Help! thanks.

That's the problem with a DVB card, you won't know until you go through the transponder list and pick up a signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)