Primestar Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sc208

Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Connecticut
Just finished putting up my Primestar dish project this weekend.Dish was aquired for free.I believe its a 75e. Had a Sony DSS dish there before but the pole diameter was too small.Put in a new larger diameter pole.Picked up a Zinwell 4x2 switch for $5.00 on ebay. Aimed it at 91 west for feeds.So far seems to work well.It was just a cheap side project to go along with my BUD.Lots of good info on this forum helped.
IMG_0253.JPG
IMG_0252.JPG

Looks like a good job.
Always nice to find an unused free dish and put it to good use. I have been given a few of those over the years.

Reactions: Mr Tony
same here. When I had FTA I had accumulated a bunch of Primestar dishes through the years. LOVED the screw elevation...made fine tuning much easier :)

Reactions: KE4EST
I still have a bunch of satellite dishes of many varieties saved up "just in case". They are great for wifi as well and hoping that more data content becomes available in the future spurring more demand. Got quite a few Hughesnet and Superdish dishes now which were similar to Primestar dishes.

I love my P*Star 'n' DTN dishes. Hard to beat that CM commercial quality. .7's, 1.0, 1.2's and the 75e and 83e

IMG_0808.JPG
Just finished putting up my Primestar dish project this weekend.Dish was aquired for free.I believe its a 75e. Had a Sony DSS dish there before but the pole diameter was too small.Put in a new larger diameter pole.Picked up a Zinwell 4x2 switch for $5.00 on ebay. Aimed it at 91 west for feeds.So far seems to work well.It was just a cheap side project to go along with my BUD.Lots of good info on this forum helped. View attachment 112088 View attachment 112089
I use telephone company network interfaces,to house and water proof splitter,switches,grounding blocks ect.I try and keep everything out of the weather and dry.I live in Montana where we get quite a bit of snow.I also use Panduit stainless steel straps and spacer blocks to hold the conduit to the support mast.The stainless steel straps are pulled tight with a special tool.I found out too,not to use a steel fence post,the kind you can buy at home depot for a support mast.They are to thin and the fiberglass dish will move around in a storm.I've found that using a schedule 40 pipe works best,and buried at three feet. Good luck with your project.

When I had mine they were so "ghetto rigged" that folks always laughed at them

Yeah thats an old kitchen table they were on...but hey it worked :)

000_0347.jpg 000_0348.jpg 000_0355.jpg 000_0369.jpg

Reactions: bobvick
Damn I miss my house....not the payments, the stuff breaking and other things....but the fact I was able to put 3 antennas and like 12 dishes on the roof and deck :)

nope. Just dishes I accumulated throughout the years. A couple of them I had, a few I acquired through folks here, 2 were in vacant lots and I just grabbed them :)

The 40x30 ones were the best :)
(by the way I have TONS of pics of the P* dishes in various spots on the house)

View attachment 112194 I use telephone company network interfaces,to house and water proof splitter,switches,grounding blocks ect.I try and keep everything out of the weather and dry.I live in Montana where we get quite a bit of snow.I also use Panduit stainless steel straps and spacer blocks to hold the conduit to the support mast.The stainless steel straps are pulled tight with a special tool.I found out too,not to use a steel fence post,the kind you can buy at home depot for a support mast.They are to thin and the fiberglass dish will move around in a storm.I've found that using a schedule 40 pipe works best,and buried at three feet. Good luck with your project.
That's a very clean looking professional install.Mine was just a side project was trying to keep it as cheap as possible.My main dish is a 10ft Winegard dish I use for searching C-band & Ku band backhaul feeds.

I'm using the exact same telephone box that Pdiddy is using, It was left on the side of our house after we canceled our land line phone service and the phone co. left it even after a tree limb tore down the phone line, said they didn't want it. Moved it over by my dishes and made standoffs to mount my 8x1 switch inside of it, works great.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts