Primestar G10R and IA7

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg said:
If you are working with more than one LNB. you always put the 2nd LNB on the opposite side of where it is in the sky (due to the bounce off the dish)

And if the satellite is lower down in the sky than the first LNB satellite, the second LNB goes up higher on the dish.

See attachment for my arrangement: (l-r) ECHOSTAR7, G10R, IA7

Attachments

• dish01.jpg
    dish01.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 168
ok let see if I get this right.Now on the old Primestar I re-modded I have it pointed at G10R right now which the elevation for my area is 29.8 for that sat.Now for IA7 the elevation called for is 25.5 so I would put that on the right of the G10R lnb and elevate it Higher and skew the LNB.Now the picture above has me confused with the Echo7 Lnb being on the left.Wouldn't Echo 6.8 be on the right of IA7 then Echo7 be on the right of echo 6,8 and be elevated higher.I know I used Echo7 as a referrence to Find G10R.I think I am confusing myself here

If your dish is pointing at G10R then the LNBF for IA-7 would have to go to the right (from behind dish) of the G10R LNBF, because the signal bounces off the sides of the dish into the LNBF!

Pete you mean the left if you are standing behind the dish

:)

They always go backwards of what you think they do :)
(because of the bounce off the dish)

Here is an example. This is my StarChoice dish (which sees 107.3 & 111.1) and a DBS LNB added for 119

so in that picture from L-R it is 119, 111.1, 107.3

2nd picture was my G3/Nimiq1 setup

G3 is the "rectangle" LNB and 91 is the closer LNB (again, put on the opposite way)

Attachments

• IM000339.JPG
    IM000339.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 112
  • IM000374.JPG
    IM000374.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Yep, I misread my chart and used E7 :) (Coffee Time)

Attachments

• azimuthangle.jpg
    azimuthangle.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
WyldCherry said:
ok let see if I get this right.Now on the old Primestar I re-modded I have it pointed at G10R right now which the elevation for my area is 29.8 for that sat.Now for IA7 the elevation called for is 25.5 so I would put that on the right of the G10R lnb and elevate it Higher and skew the LNB.Now the picture above has me confused with the Echo7 Lnb being on the left.Wouldn't Echo 6.8 be on the right of IA7 then Echo7 be on the right of echo 6,8 and be elevated higher.I know I used Echo7 as a referrence to Find G10R.I think I am confusing myself here

If I had another LNB for ECHOSTAR 6,8, it would go on the left hand side of the picture below the LNB for ECHOSTAR 7 (since ECHOSTAR 6,8 is higher in the sky).

For my location:

ECHO6,8 (110): 32.4 elevation (elevation offset from G10R -7.4)
ECHO7 (119): 27.5 elevation (elevation offset from G10R -2.5)
G10R (123): 25.0 elevation (0.0)
IA7 (129): 21.2 elevation (elevation offset from G10R +3.8)

WyldCherry said:
I think I got it now (I hope)

I found a better picture that should help visualise how the signals bounce into multi LNB's.............

Attachments

• Multiblock2.gif
    Multiblock2.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 164
PSB,

With a setup we see in the picture you posted, is the signal strength the same as pointing directly at the satellite?

You will NEVER get as much signal as pointing directly at the satellite with one LNBF in the main focal position, but its not so much of an issue with oval dish.

Attachments

• Pict0076.JPG
    Pict0076.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 128
Ok thanks guys understand it now.That last picture its neat never seen the LNB arm from the top before

So an oval Primestar dish would work great for that.

What is the difference between an oval Primestar dish and a Star Choice dish?

From the pictures I have seen there is hardly any differences.

PSB said:
You will NEVER get as much signal as pointing directly at the satellite with one LNBF in the main focal position, but its not so much of an issue with oval dish.

Just size I believe, some P* dish can be skewed, some can't. My 40" can't (Before I off-set the mast to the same as my latitude now it skews itself! )

Attachments

• Pict0127.JPG
    Pict0127.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 118
The SC dishes can be skewed. Both are made by ChannelMaster

SC dishes are 32x18 or 37x27
Primestar has a 40x30 dish and a 37x27 oval dish

WyldCherry said:
well I tried most of the afternoon to hit IA-7 no luck so far

Keep trying! If you look at my photo posted earlier in this thread, you will have to go up higher than I did. Your offset from G10R is 4.3 (29.8, 25.5), whereas mine is 3.8 (25.0, 21.2).

What transponder are you using to point the LNB? I only pick up five in total, White Springs TV (11985 H 2821) is the weakest of the five (the other four are data channels and are about the same strength, try 11880 V 30000).

Good luck!

unless I am picking the wrong satellite in the menu I only see 1 TP.I went pretty high and litlle by little came down but still nothing

well no wonder I couldn't hit it.there is no listing in my satellite menu for KU IA-7 only for C-band.Now have to read the instructions on how to add that Sat to the menu

WyldCherry said:
well no wonder I couldn't hit it.there is no listing in my satellite menu for KU IA-7 only for C-band.Now have to read the instructions on how to add that Sat to the menu

That explains it! All transponders on IA7 are fairly strong even with the LNB off the "sweet spot" at the centre of the dish. Hopefully, you'll find it within minutes when you try again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts