PrimeStar lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.
C

coathanger

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 13, 2007
Using a primestar 36"/40" dish pointing at Gal 10r,My question is' what sort of switch do i need to use for the horz and vert inputs? At present only using the vertical side. Any help appreciated.

L

lumpkin666

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 21, 2007
USA
You can use a standard multiswitch. The most common one that you'll find is a 3X4 multiswitch, where you have a Horizontal input, a Vertical input, and an input for your tv antenna.. then you have 4 outputs to go to your receiver.

Here's a link to one of our supporter's site that sells them:
MULTI-SWITCH 3X4 PERFECT 10 - SatelliteAV, LLC.

C

coathanger

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 13, 2007
Thank you for quick reply. I have a dn switch 21 2 ant inputs 1 out to tv, Idont think this is the correct one.

turbosat

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
I haven't tried one, but I don't think that SW21 switch for dishnetwork will work.

L

lumpkin666

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 21, 2007
USA
I believe a SW21 works more like a 22k switch in that it uses something other than horizontal/vertical switching to switch between inputs. Anything other than a multiswitch that is designed to combine horizontal and vertical signals will require you to setup multiple satellites to access the different inputs. i.e. you could use a 22k switch or a diseqc (or a sw21 if your fta receiver could control one, which I'm not sure the actual control mechanism for a sw21 is supported by most/and fta receivers), but the way that FTa receivers are designed, you'd have to define a satellite for the first port of the switch, and another satellite for the 2nd port (most/all fta receivers don't support having multiple lnb's on the same satellite, which is what using one of those switches would basically indicate)

C

coathanger

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 13, 2007
Thank you very much for Quick reply to both senior members. I understand your answers to my question.

netbuilder

netbuilder

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 2, 2007
Missouri
I have actually used a Primestar dish and LNB with dual ports (H,V) with a dish network legacy SW21 to combine both ports into 1 input and it works great. The only problem is you can't use that SW21 in conjunction with any other Diseqc switches - or at least I haven't had any success with it. I guess you could also try just a standard 22khz switch and that would work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.