Primestar LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BarneyBean

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
First let me say Hello Anyway I was able to pickup an old primestar oval dish with an LNB model NJR2162F. I noticed it had two cables going in but when I took the cover off there was only on connected, the lnb only had one connector. I read other posts about primestar dishes but none like this. Can I use it for FTA? And a second part to the question is how do I check to see if this LNB even works. Thanks

yes it will work for FTA. It just doesnt have separate V & H outputs (which is good because you can get both polarities without any external switches)

most likely it is one of the newer lnb's older ones had a H & V or someone might have already swapped it out with a direcpc lnb ( real close in looks) and most likely the dish will be good for FTA . only way i know is to try it. there are quite a few of us either using primestars or that started out using them

:welcome to the forum

Ice , i'm a slow typer lol lol

I guess the best bet is to aim it at G10 to see if I get a signal?

Some of the primestars had single output LNBs with 13/18v polarity switching. I have a few like this myself. These are the easiest to use with a FTA receiver as you don't need a switch. Most primestar dishes had the LNBs with 2 separate outputs, one for each polarity. My guess is the reason they used those was because they could be used with a multiswitch to feed multiple receivers. That way each receiver could select a different polarity at the same time if need be.

Most primestar dishes had the LNBs with 2 separate outputs, one for each polarity. My guess is the reason they used those was because they could be used with a multiswitch to feed multiple receivers. That way each receiver could select a different polarity at the same time if need be.

actually most Primestar receivers had a V input and a H input on the back so 2 cable runs were required. To run more than one box was just to add satellite splitters on the cables from the dish

The NJR2162F is a H/V voltage switched LNBF perfect for FTA! You have a very good dish/LNBF combo. This model will often perform better than most most larger dishes on the Horizontal channels on Galaxy 25!

Now I,m wondering if the LNB is bad. I hooked it up to my reciever and I get 30% on signal no matter what. I tapped on the LNB with a pen and it jumped to 70% no matter where I aim it, but I must of had it in the right place once because I got some quality sig and did a blind scan and ended up with 30 channels. Galaxy 1402 and up transponder 12341 also IFTV and ET global. Picked up channels but no video or audio. I,m wondering if the LNB might have a short in it.

I was using universal. but was going with the 10750. After some more reading G10 is not the easiest sat to hit, especially for a beginner. Any suggestions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)