Primestar LNB's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gremlin411

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
South East Texas
I have a few factory lnb's for my primstar dishes. Should I be able to see the probe in the lnb looking thur that protective stuff in the end of the lnb? I can see it in one of them does that mean the rest or no go?

All of the ones I have are cloudy like milk, can't see anything thru 'em. Are you wondering if the probe is gone or something?

That should not be a problem. Look for example on the Invacom LNBF, you can see thru the cover:

invacom-qph-031.JPG

I have a few factory lnb's for my primstar dishes. Should I be able to see the probe in the lnb looking thur that protective stuff in the end of the lnb? I can see it in one of them does that mean the rest or no go?
Are you talking about the cloudy plastic on the rain shield at the end of the long waveguide tube, or the plastic that covers the feed where that long tube connects to the portion where the probes are, ie where you have to take off the 4 screws to get to them?
If the former, then no way can you see anything through the cloudy plastic on the rain shield, however if you take that rain shield off, and have a very bright light, you can see through the other sort of orange colored plastic, although it isn't easy. If you take off the 4 screws, and remove the waveguide, then yes, it's easy to see the probes through the thin film.

Yes on one I can see thru the amber colored film ( or where it really is ) and see the probe but on the other ones the film is cloudy like milk. I was just wondering if they were good or not. But i guest I will have to try them to find out.

gremlin I haven't found one yet that was bad, I think they made them to military specs or something,haha. I had one that was lying on the ground, dish face down by a building, the plastic cover was out of the feedhorn, and rain had plopped sand up into the feedhorn-all the way to the orange film over the actual probe. I cleaned it all out, carefully, and let it dry a day or two in the sun, and it worked perfectly!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)