Primestar On Motor help.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
My Primestar

Hope this works, you can see I did away with the heavy primestar mounting brackets and used the angle iron so I could attach the C clamps to it. Was cheap and its been about a year now and works fine

Attachments

• Dish 1.JPG
    Dish 1.JPG
    530.8 KB · Views: 120
  • Dish 2.JPG
    Dish 2.JPG
    511.6 KB · Views: 110
I certainly don't have the knowledge and experience of BarneyBean and I learned a lot from his earlier posts---my 2 cents: I found that this design added a little too much extra weight to my dish and strained my motor. I have a 1.2 m CM dish on an HH motor so needed to get rid of as much weight as possible.

BTW, in reading this post, it really makes me appreciate all the senior members of this group--how everyone is so great at lending a hand to others.

I bought the lighter angle iron so I don't think theres 3lbs at the most on there. I know the original mounting hardware on the primestars are about 9lbs. It also depends on which dish you have.

I bought the lighter angle iron so I don't think theres 3lbs at the most on there. I know the original mounting hardware on the primestars are about 9lbs. It also depends on which dish you have.

Yea useing the modified mount, the weight is signifgantly reduced. I know in a few years down the line I will most likely have to redue the mount due to deteration of the wood, I think I will move on to angle iron to make it last. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)