Primestar/Stab100/pole mount Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CbandLover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
Well, the project was finally completed this week. It is important to note that without the help and knowledge provided from so many people right here at SatGuys, this project would never have happend. So, thanks to everyone who has answered my many questions for the past, well, almost 2 years!

Secondly, I post these pics so that, one, I can get some feedback, and two, that they may help the next guy who decides to get ambitious! : ) I found all the pics of installs on this site from other users very useful, as it gave me some clear direction. Thanks again fellas. And let me know what you all think. Have a good weekend.

DSC01584.JPG DSC01581.JPG DSC01590.JPG

DSC01595.JPG DSC01610.JPG DSC01612.JPG

DSC01616.JPG DSC01619.JPG DSC01622.JPG

DSC01624.JPG

I did the same for mine today. Still having trouble to get true south. I have 148 for now. I am going to try to test true south tomarrow!

Very Very nice work, very professional.

I like the one with the pole in the ground before the cement has been poured, that should prove very helpfull to members!

In picture 5 (the one with the TV on table) there is a bug on the tree WHAT the heck is that! Its like an alien, never seen one as big as that before :)

PSB said:
Very Very nice work, very professional.

I like the one with the pole in the ground before the cement has been poured, that should prove very helpfull to members!

In picture 5 (the one with the TV on table) there is a bug on the tree WHAT the heck is that! Its like an alien, never seen one as big as that before :)

Never noticed the bug! But thanks for complimenting my old digital camera! : )

I took the post hole photo to note the ubolt I bolted to the pole about 10 inches up to help keep it from turning. I also bashed in the bottom of the pole with a hammer.

Thanks for the comment on the professional install, Pete. I must disclose that I have been a cable technician for 6 years, so that is where the skill comes from. I wanted to do it right, and I also have the resources to do so.. I know not everyone has the capability.

Last edited:
Looks GREAT! GOOD JOB! O note on the bug - that is the "skin" from the bug. We have TONS of them here in Iowa. I thought they were locust, but I am not sure. They look like a big beetle with wings and they make that LOUD noise all day long eeeeee eeeeee eeeee what are these bugs???????

iafirebuff said:
Looks GREAT! GOOD JOB! O note on the bug - that is the "skin" from the bug. We have TONS of them here in Iowa. I thought they were locust, but I am not sure. They look like a big beetle with wings and they make that LOUD noise all day long eeeeee eeeeee eeeee what are these bugs???????
I think its a locust. There are tons of them here in L.A., they get especially noisy in the late afternoon :)

I alway sthought they were locust too, but I googled it and they say a locust is a wing grasshopper - thats aint no winged grasshopper! I still call it a locust as that is what I was always told they were. We have TONS of them in our trees! LOUD!!!!!!!!

I can't see the bug in the picture but the way it was described it sounds like a Cicada. Everyone around here (in south Central Texas) calls them locusts also....

Attachments

• summer_cicada.jpg
    summer_cicada.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 229
Gary Z said:
I can't see the bug in the picture but the way it was described it sounds like a Cicada. Everyone around here (in south Central Texas) calls them locusts also....

Those buggers bring back memories. I was born near Bremond, TX and those things were everwhere in the summer.

I was driving around the neighborhood yesterday afternoon and heard them everywhere! Reminded me of this thread :)

ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOWZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOWZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

etc.

Nice job! I like the SDU box you used on the side of the house. I used one in my last install. The only thing I can think of that is missing is the PVC for the coax cable, this will prevent the weedeater from getting hungry. I also try to run at least 2 or 3 coax cables to a FTA mount for future expansion and a spare.

digiblur said:
Nice job! I like the SDU box you used on the side of the house. I used one in my last install. The only thing I can think of that is missing is the PVC for the coax cable, this will prevent the weedeater from getting hungry. I also try to run at least 2 or 3 coax cables to a FTA mount for future expansion and a spare.

Thanks. I agree on the pvc. That is why I ran it all the way up the pole and at the box. Not only have I hit cables before with the weedeater, but it keeps my dogs from messing with it. Kinda hard to see, but I did run 2 quadshield underground feeds from the dish. Just in case another dish pops up out of the ground. : )

I have a whimpy weed eater :) I have some RG-6u that I buried 11 years ago for my RCA DSS that has been exposed at a section of my shed, and it gets hit with the weed eater weekly :) But I like your idea with the pvc. Cheap insurance!

primestar

In you pictures where the motor shaft goes into the primestar dish it appears that you have a sleeve on top of the shaft to make up the difference in size please reply as I have the same dish and want to put motor on it .
How does it work does the motor drag , did you have to get any extra parts and also could you have used the stab 120 also. please reply as you are the first person i have seen to motorize a prime star dish and have been searching for quite a while.

Thanks

Bobbyds

Hello. I guess I'm the next "ambitious" guy, so I would like to ask a couple of questions. By the picture of the pole in ground before concrete, It seems you just have a clamp around the pole to keep it from spinning. I have always drilled through the pipe and put threaded rod or long bolts. Will just a clamp keep it from spinning? It would be a lot easier. How many clamps did you put around the pipe?

The stabb100 in your picture is mounted with the shaft up. Is that normal mount? I always thought it was mounted with the shaft down.

Thanks for the pictures. It does help us Newbies.

Gray1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts