Primestar/Stab100/pole mount Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Gray1 said:
Hello. I guess I'm the next "ambitious" guy, so I would like to ask a couple of questions. By the picture of the pole in ground before concrete, It seems you just have a clamp around the pole to keep it from spinning. I have always drilled through the pipe and put threaded rod or long bolts. Will just a clamp keep it from spinning? It would be a lot easier. How many clamps did you put around the pipe?

The stabb100 in your picture is mounted with the shaft up. Is that normal mount? I always thought it was mounted with the shaft down.

Thanks for the pictures. It does help us Newbies.

Gray1

I feel that the clamp is doing just fine. I only used one, but I also bashed the other end of the pole with a hammer so it is not round, but flat on one side. I did not think it was worth the effort to try drilling a hole and running a rod through it. I know it has been in the ground only 2 months, but I have had some bad storms, and that dish has not moved from its targets.

The Stab100 is a much stronger motor for the Primestar setup in my opinion. I also like the asthetics of the dish sitting on top of the motor, versus hanging from it. To each his own. It certainly is strong, and never hesitates at extreme east/west.

Personally I think it looks great in the "up" position. Did you mount the Stab100 on a 2 3/8 pole or is the pole larger?

Thanks for help
allen

Gray1 said:
Personally I think it looks great in the "up" position. Did you mount the Stab100 on a 2 3/8 pole or is the pole larger?

Thanks for help
allen

Just your standard run-of-the-mill 2 3/8" galvanized fence post from the ole Home Depot. : )

I like the way you put up the gray conduit next to the pole to run your cable in. I guess the motor keeps most of the rain out? Or do you have it sealed? Either
way I hope mine turns out as well as yours.

allen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)