Princess Diaries: Shut Up & Listen

danielle_s

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Dodge City, Ks
OK that has nothing to do with the movie, but I just put Shut & Listen as the subject everyone might think that I'm personally attacking them??! I don't get it but there are to many people here that think outside the box alittle to far from reality.
Anyway, now onto my rants for those that listen:

1)Voom's split up and assets are thrown all over the place. This is an ex... but in it's true form, echostar gets sat & other assests while the dolans get everything else. My take is that if the dolans didn't know what they were doing to begin with they wouldn't be buying the "rest" of the assests of voom.

2)Voom stayin' in business only to provide content until they can get the major providers to offer their hd channels? This was speculated by "thedeal.com"? What a major POS! Who writes this sh"t?

3)Voom's still doomed by Phillip. Another POS article by someone who doesn't know any more than anyone else here. Where do these people come from and how in the hell do we shut them up.

4)Dolans are keeping voom alive and the world celebates and subscriber predictions begin. What happens? The same a**holes that preach voom doom and gloom come back because cablevision refused to announce voom numbers. I think that we all new that James wasn't going to talk about voom and he proved it by what? NO COMMENT!

5)Voom's profit was down. Here they come again! This is starting to remind me of ants. Once you get rid of them they come back at the first sight of rain. Regardless the number of new subscribers, if everyone that does stay with the service downgrades their package you loose money. Let's stop speculating that subscriber numbers were down just because profit went down.

6)Money spent was up. Ok there really isn't anything I can say here, or is there? How much money did E* spend per quarter on advertising when they started the cable pig thing? What did that result down to the subscriber. I do believe that they spent more money than D* did per new sub. Now let's look at Voom. They had just started the $1 install. They went to CES and spent even more to get people to visit them out there in the desert. It's call advertising people. Now as of January 20th their uplink center was not finished, so unless they cancelled the work on it, their still spending money. Money being spent during the 4th quarter, I do believe that some of it had to go on the uplink center. Also, what about the new encoders? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe that they need a new encoder per channel right? 300 channels = 300 encoders? They are getting to release a bunch of new channels next month right? or so they say. This was originally announced back in November so I do believe that was in the 4th quarter, more money on new channels.

7)No Satellite! What does Voom do now, how does voom stay in business? Did you all forget that the FCC has to approve the Satellite being sold to E*? What if this took until December 2005 or longer to approve or deny? What if it is denied? What many of you did forget is the fact that Voom has contracted to have 5 satellites launched the first in 34 months. What is that? August or Septemeber of 2007? As I said awhile back I do believe that waiting this long would be to late for voom but I do believe that the date up for speculation, I seriously doubt it takes 34 months to build and launch a sat. New Sats, during November of last year = more money spent during the quarter.

This episode of Shut up and listen is now over, we hope we enlighted & informed you.

Danielle

I didn't even read that :)

I was only allowed to listen and since I couldn't hear anything, I moved on...

I thought it was a good post and made sense. You forgot about AM6 being immediately available although with modifciatons and positioning at each sub site from what has been said.

Danielle, I'm the first to admit that I don't fully understand all the implications and ramifcations of all the current events, but what I think I do understand makes sense with relation to your post to me. :) Go, girl!! :D

I will say it again..."I love the women on SatelliteGuys." Perhaps if there are enough they will have to change the name to Satellitepersons to be PC.

Vicki said:
Now, Gutter, I'm starting to think you just like women in general!! :D :p Vicki

You found me out, Vicki. But seriously, I do enjoy the viewpoint of women on this form as it brings deeper thought. Also my wife could care less...so let's flirt.

gutter said:
You found me out, Vicki. But seriously, I do enjoy the viewpoint of women on this form as it brings deeper thought. Also my wife could care less...so let's flirt.
Not until you tell me how big your wife is...in case she cares more than you think, I wouldn't want to get hurt!! :p ;) Vicki

My wife is 104 pounds and has been that weight for her entire life. Even after 2 kids. I wish I could say the same. And I am afraid she does care. But she laughs when I show her our mutual posts. She says..."just as long as she is in California." lol

OK then...I've got 20 pound on her!! :D

Oh, drat!! On second thought...maybe not...I just remembered a tiny little gal when I was in high school who nearly killed a 5'10" 140 pound gal who flirted with her boyfriend... :yikes Dynamite comes in small packages! :eek:

Please assure your wife I'm staying in California, give her my warmest regards, and DO ask her to come on out and join the "party". We gals could use some reinforcements!! :D Vicki

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts