Printed directory of all major stations by DMA?

cpalmer2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 18, 2013
United States
I'm hoping Trip or one of our other resident experts can answer this for me. Does the NAB or any other trade group print a guidebook that lists every DMA and the major market affiliates for each of them? I've tried searching online but haven't found any good leads so far. I'm looking for something like this for relatives who camp a lot but refuse to use the internet. (I realize all this is readily available online , but they want old fashioned paper).

Reactions: k.r.
I'm not aware of anything like that. Not to say there isn't something, but I'm not aware of it if there is.

- Trip

I'm hoping Trip or one of our other resident experts can answer this for me. Does the NAB or any other trade group print a guidebook that lists every DMA and the major market affiliates for each of them? I've tried searching online but haven't found any good leads so far. I'm looking for something like this for relatives who camp a lot but refuse to use the internet. (I realize all this is readily available online , but they want old fashioned paper).
You can go here, save this spreadsheet and print it out for them. It is hosted on the Rabbit Ears website which has a great deal of useful television info. Keep in mind that this is a lot of output (something like 80 pages) so make sure you have lots of paper and ink/toner. :rolleyes

P.S. Maybe when they see the output from this it will cure them of not wanting to do a manual search on the net. ;)

That list has no indication of any network affiliation. They were wanting a list of the major market affiliates which I assume means ABC, CBS FOX and NBC.

That list has no indication of any network affiliation. They were wanting a list of the major market affiliates which I assume means ABC, CBS FOX and NBC.
You did see my P.S. right? It is meant to show them the complexity of such a request for a HUGE area like the entire US! ;)

If they're too "Luddite" to use the Internet for the information they want, then the easy to use free "Winegard TV Signal Finder" smartphone app I use for that information is also out. It sure makes finding the local stations and affiliations as we travel easy though...

Thanks guys. I actually kind of answered my own question. It turns out there is a book for this, but it costs about $350. Searching around I did find a table on Wikipedia that has all of the major stations listed for each market. It may not be 100% up to date, but it is close enough. I used Google Sheets to import it, got rid of the columns we didn't really need (Univision, Telemundo, etc.) and was able to turn it into a decent .pdf. The letter size one is pretty rough on the eyes, but the 11x17 inch one isn't too bad.

I attached both here just in case it interests anybody else.

Attachments

• Network Stations - 11x17.pdf
    173.3 KB · Views: 200
  • Network Stations - Letter.pdf
    166.1 KB · Views: 153
Thanks guys. I actually kind of answered my own question. It turns out there is a book for this, but it costs about $350. Searching around I did find a table on Wikipedia that has all of the major stations listed for each market. It may not be 100% up to date, but it is close enough. I used Google Sheets to import it, got rid of the columns we didn't really need (Univision, Telemundo, etc.) and was able to turn it into a decent .pdf. The letter size one is pretty rough on the eyes, but the 11x17 inch one isn't too bad.

I attached both here just in case it interests anybody else.
Good info, thanks for sharing! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)