Printed TV Listings ?

Mike88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
What do people use as a written guide, if anything? I do have a bunch of scheduled programs set up to record every week. But I also like to look at a printed guide to see what's new or to schedule a one-time recording for a special program.

I used to use the weekly schedule that came with the newspaper, but they stopped printing it. So I subscribed to their additional cost replacement, "TV Weekly". But sometimes that does not get delivered on time.

I have used ZAP2IT online & even set up preferences to view or print the most watched channels. But I find it handier to look at "TV Weekly" & circle the programs I want to record. Sometimes programs get my attention on channels that I don't normally watch. But again it frequently gets delivered several days late.

Is there a comprehensive printed weekly guide, other than "TV Weekly"?

Why do a visual search on a paper document when you can one-click record something using DISHAnywhere.com or the EPG?

Unless you have a Hopper or a ViP922, the DISHAnywhere search has an arguably much better search facility that the older DVRs and you don't have to spend a lot of time transposing your notes into timers.

I do use the Dish EPG to schedule recordings. But for me it shows a very limited amount of data on one screen. IOW the grid is small.

I like a printed guide because I find it easier to read than scrolling left to right and up & down on the EPG. The printed publication I use lists 6 hours of prime time programming for 1 day on 2 facing pages. I can see everything I need without the continual scrolling.

Long time ago I did try a monthly publication but found it lacking for some reason so I never tried again. I suppose I should try again because things sometimes change.

Again, I like my printed guide - when it’s delivered on time. I've seen the real “TV Guide” but it’s useless for listings. Only 3 hours of evening programs & is missing quite a few channels. So I'm looking to see if there is a timely, comprehensive printed guide.

I agree with the TS (thread starter). Our local paper did the same thing, eliminated the full week guide and tried to sell us their weekly TV magazine. I'm almost angry enough to cancel my subscription to the paper.

I agree with the TS (thread starter). Our local paper did the same thing, eliminated the full week guide and tried to sell us their weekly TV magazine. I'm almost angry enough to cancel my subscription to the paper.

Yeah, I've subscribed to the Press Democrat for 32 years and this one bites the big one. I am also tempted to say goodbye to them....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts