Probably the dumbest question you've heard!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cowpres

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
near San Francisco, CA
I have always loved the KU side of this hobby doing blind scanning and finding off the wall hidden feeds (usually some anchor picking his nose or something) HA! Here is the dumb question. I'm considering trying to find some of the same things on C Band. Does C Band have feeds that are 'wild feeds' like I get on KU Band? Again, I am brand new to C Band and really don't know where to start. What is my best sat to try? I can get from 72W to 103W on my KU setup. What is the strongest sat to try on and what sat to get wild feeds on C Band (if they are available). Hey, Thanks in advance for a complete newbie to C Band. I have the DMX741U LNB and will be using the Manhattan RS1933 receiver. Anyone want to give me the setup settings?
You guys are the best. I LOVE reading these forums. Hoping this info might help out another newbie someday.
- cowpres -

Would help to know what you're going to try to use to lock those Cband signals? Most of us list the equipment we use in our signature. That way ppl know what you are using without having to ask.

How big is your dish?

Sometimes I've seen sports on 95, 97 but its hit and miss. I think most of the remote stuff now is KU since they have improved the equipment so much. Don't know when I've seen a c-band uplink truck, even in a picture, the ku equip is just so much smaller and easier to get to 'where its neede'. Just my opinion.

Usually by the time it gets to Cband, its edited and ready for broadcast. On rare occaisions I've caught soundchecks and such, but that is very rare.

Yeah, I agree, I don't see C-Band wild-feeds like I used too.

Broadcasts considered wild feeds in fta mode are probably more apt to be network players; depending on the broadcast facilities available at the site; and available for rent there. C Band is less costly for the "caster" or producer. On C band, Cities hold such facilitative key; and Sports stadiums, racetracks, etc tend them regularly; of course the networks are there too. Now, no disney but still "syndications" is the mode in C band as studio's rule still! I like preseason football because it is on at all; not because they are independently run; or not on ppv. Many regional sports too; just like ku! So as you can't understand ku is no different really; unless you must broadcast from a mini-truck from road house to xx house the choice then can only be ku!!!

Oh, and they pu ku too; but to get all channels you need 10 foot+ dish because of 2 degree spacing which is still even truer today by way of fitting so much on mcpc and on "that tp" which may be 40 years old!!!

ku is made for 1 sat; g19; and im on tv a dvd genius hopes he still is!!!

Last edited:
Interesting article in TV Technology a few years ago about the increased power and the increased reflector size required for ENG/SNG S2 uplinks. The C-band RF radiation and beam patterns for typical mobile dishes were of major concern for event attendees.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Yes, the "beams" are not very safe; but look what happens if somebody put their beam doing point to point, even these days they pump mega watts to connect even data! Or the mini bandwidth dishes...

I had some fun with 99w c band that one has feeds on it some times you can catch college basketball or boxing on that satellite.

dan rose

Thanks for the info

Thank you my friends for your input. It sounds like for me, a wildfeed hunter, I will just stay with KU band then. Might not be worth the trouble and I only have a 1 meter dish, so probably would not get much anyways. Thanks very much for everyones quick response and help. I really do love feed hunting with my KU setup. I can find the weirdest things; especially during a news 'event'. I usually hang out at either 91W or 99W and blindscan about 2 - 3 times a day. I usually get CNN feeds or quite a few sports feeds on 91W too. This really is a great hobby. I only wish more people were into it in my area (just south of San Francisco).
Take care and again, thanks!
- cowpres -

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts