Problem DVR510 Screwing up Timer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jkohnman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 23, 2004
Hi,

Having a NEW problem. I have Network distants from All American. 2 weeks ago, I recorded "My Name is Earl" and when I went to watch it, only the last 2 minutes of the show were on the recording. The next week it recorded fine, but tonight when I went to watch the latest one, the same problem happened. I only had the last 2 minutes of the show. I had checked the recording to see that there was all '29' minutes of it, and there was. It wasn't until I selected the show to watch tonight that it started showing 2 minutes on the time. I had checked to make sure it had the full show earlier in the week, and it showed fine then. Both times it started the show just as it was going out to the last commerical break. I had checked the timer to make sure it was recording when the show was on, and it was. (Thursday). I've only had this problem with this particular show, everything else has been fine. Anyone else seeing anything like this? I have deleted and redone the timer, but it still happened.

Thanks
Jim

Let me guess you have P365 software right? then your screwed like the rest of us.

For those who don't have P365, don't let it happen!

I'm starting to believe that P365 is code word for 365 days to kill all the 508/510/501's

Yep, P365, but this is the only problem I've noticed outside the 29 minute thing. I just don't understand why this show 2x and none of the others (so far).

Yep, P365, but this is the only problem I've noticed outside the 29 minute thing. I just don't understand why this show 2x and none of the others (so far).

They're annoying you incrementally so you don't jump ship and bail. This way the one or two apologists around can tell you it's either "your fault", "just some little expected technology glitch", or "99.99% of it works so what are you complaining about?".

I'm inclined to believe Frostwolf's theory...what better way to add to the DIU ledger than turning everyone's receivers into doorstops?